ILicense Issues for PT_DATE | developer.brewmp.com ILicense Issues for PT_DATE | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

ILicense Issues for PT_DATE

Forums:

Hi Friends,
Excuse me if the topic is discussed before. I couldnt get much from the forums.

Our application is a network based application and includes a 15 days demo version and a 1 year purchase version. We are providing all the features in demo as in purchase version. After going thru the forums regarding ILicense I got a bit confused. Our app is almost ready and we are about to get it to TBT. My doubts are
Quote:1. We haven't included anything in the MIF or in the application code regarding licensing. Should we have to implement something or will Brew take care of that?
2. How does the BDS(Brew) know the type of License options like demo or purchase version or subscription as we are not specifying it anywhere?
3. Since our app is not based on LT_USES I need not have to use ILicense in my app and specify in the MIF anything about license.Is it right?
4. We have to connect to our server and the server use to take care of license issues for other platforms. Now will Brew take care of it?
5. How can we stop our application after some time (say 2 yrs after as server is playing a role)?
Before submitting to TBT is there anything other we have to do in the application regarding licensing ?

Any help is really appreciated
Thanks in Advance
Jacob.

Abraham Jacob M wrote:My doubts are
1. We haven't included anything in the MIF or in the application code regarding licensing. Should we have to implement something or will Brew take care of that?
BREW handles all time-based licensing for you, and prevents the application from launching after the time has expired. The only reason you would use ILicense in the application code for an application using time-based licensing is if you want the application to terminate immediately when the time expires, rather than not starting the next time the user tries to launch it.
Abraham Jacob M wrote:2. How does the BDS(Brew) know the type of License options like demo or purchase version or subscription as we are not specifying it anywhere?
After your application passes TBT, you will create the price plans through the developer extranet. This establishes the licensing options available for your application.
Abraham Jacob M wrote:3. Since our app is not based on LT_USES I need not have to use ILicense in my app and specify in the MIF anything about license.Is it right?
Right, see answer to #1 above. ILicense is mainly for usage-based applications.
Abraham Jacob M wrote:4. We have to connect to our server and the server use to take care of license issues for other platforms. Now will Brew take care of it?
Yes.
Abraham Jacob M wrote:
5. How can we stop our application after some time (say 2 yrs after as server is playing a role)?
You should not be modifying BREW application functionality outside of the built-in licensing options.

Abraham Jacob M wrote:My doubts are
1. We haven't included anything in the MIF or in the application code regarding licensing. Should we have to implement something or will Brew take care of that?
BREW handles all time-based licensing for you, and prevents the application from launching after the time has expired. The only reason you would use ILicense in the application code for an application using time-based licensing is if you want the application to terminate immediately when the time expires, rather than not starting the next time the user tries to launch it.
Abraham Jacob M wrote:2. How does the BDS(Brew) know the type of License options like demo or purchase version or subscription as we are not specifying it anywhere?
After your application passes TBT, you will create the price plans through the developer extranet. This establishes the licensing options available for your application.
Abraham Jacob M wrote:3. Since our app is not based on LT_USES I need not have to use ILicense in my app and specify in the MIF anything about license.Is it right?
Right, see answer to #1 above. ILicense is mainly for usage-based applications.
Abraham Jacob M wrote:4. We have to connect to our server and the server use to take care of license issues for other platforms. Now will Brew take care of it?
Yes.
Abraham Jacob M wrote:
5. How can we stop our application after some time (say 2 yrs after as server is playing a role)?
You should not be modifying BREW application functionality outside of the built-in licensing options.

Thanx Max,
I'm surprised to get such a good reply, especially from Qualcomm(the best I got from support until ). I feel the support has become much better than before maintaining time contraint and getting to the point ;) .
(My personal opinion, just discard it if any issues :p )
Quote:Another thing is that is there any way we can understand whether the user is using this app in demo version or purchase version from the server side?
Thanx ,
Jacob

Thanx Max,
I'm surprised to get such a good reply, especially from Qualcomm(the best I got from support until ). I feel the support has become much better than before maintaining time contraint and getting to the point ;) .
(My personal opinion, just discard it if any issues :p )
Quote:Another thing is that is there any way we can understand whether the user is using this app in demo version or purchase version from the server side?
Thanx ,
Jacob

Another thing is that is there any way we can understand whether the user is using this app in demo version or purchase version from the server side?

Another thing is that is there any way we can understand whether the user is using this app in demo version or purchase version from the server side?