Apploader can't connect to Moto K1 | developer.brewmp.com Apploader can't connect to Moto K1 | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Apploader can't connect to Moto K1

I'm having a problem getting the Apploader to connect to my K1. I've installed the drivers (2.7.6) from motodev, everything looks ok from that perspective - I see the 'Motorola USB Diagnostic Port (COMxx)' in device manager. Have tried various USB ports, the COM assignment changes but otherwise same result.

I'm using BTS 3.1.0 and also installed the BTIL U02 patch although I was never seeing EFS errors as described in the threads I read about that.

No matter what, when I try to connect I get the usual “Retrieving directory and file information from the device’s embedded file system.” followed by “Error – Either could not detect any device with the specified device id or could not retrieve device information from the specified device”.

I've tried all combinations of settings (QCOMOEM, BTILOEM, EFS 1/2/auto, etc), multiple reboots, different USB ports to no avail. Everything is working fine with my vx8500 (not connected at the same time as the k1).

Anyone have any ideas about what I can try next?

thanks,

todd.

I have the same problem with the K1m. In the port selection menu, I get an entry like COM16EM. I've seen this "EM" suffix appear in other motorola handsets, and when I try to connect to those ports, they never work.

I have the same problem with the K1m. In the port selection menu, I get an entry like COM16EM. I've seen this "EM" suffix appear in other motorola handsets, and when I try to connect to those ports, they never work.

To the last poster, you should download the BTIL 1.0.2 release when it comes out shortly. It fixes the issue you are seeing.
To the first poster, I don't see many different commercial handsets in what I do, but often the issue is that the port configuration is right. If you can find a port configuration menu on the device, make sure that any "diag" port is set to USB.

To the last poster, you should download the BTIL 1.0.2 release when it comes out shortly. It fixes the issue you are seeing.
To the first poster, I don't see many different commercial handsets in what I do, but often the issue is that the port configuration is right. If you can find a port configuration menu on the device, make sure that any "diag" port is set to USB.

I can't find any USB port configuration either in the normal menu or the hidden menu. Although, windows recognizes the device just fine as a K1 it's just the apploader that can't connect.
I did find a setting in the Hidden menu Get It Now Settings -> Test, which was set to disable, enabling that causes the phone to go into some kind of diag mode when I reboot but otherwise no effect on getting Apploader to work.
Otherwise, still no joy...

I can't find any USB port configuration either in the normal menu or the hidden menu. Although, windows recognizes the device just fine as a K1 it's just the apploader that can't connect.
I did find a setting in the Hidden menu Get It Now Settings -> Test, which was set to disable, enabling that causes the phone to go into some kind of diag mode when I reboot but otherwise no effect on getting Apploader to work.
Otherwise, still no joy...

oops, sorry that last thing i described was apparently due to enabling 'test mode' not the 'get it now test'. regardless, neither one fixes my problem.

oops, sorry that last thing i described was apparently due to enabling 'test mode' not the 'get it now test'. regardless, neither one fixes my problem.

argh... had another guy from my company try it and it worked fine on his machine. So, there must be something weird on my machine, have to try removing drivers and trying again or something.
todd.

argh... had another guy from my company try it and it worked fine on his machine. So, there must be something weird on my machine, have to try removing drivers and trying again or something.
todd.