Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

It's that time again folks! The cable chase! What cable can you use with the 4500? Or am I doomed to wait until a mobile office kit comes out?

Just a wild guess here, but did you try the vx6000 cable?

Just a wild guess here, but did you try the vx6000 cable?

I have been told that the VX6000 cable works but the VX6000 USB driver does not seem to recognize the phone when it is plugged in.
Of course, FutureDial and other sites do not seem to have any drivers listed. So has anyone else been able to connect this phone up? Is what drivers or magic did you perform?

I have been told that the VX6000 cable works but the VX6000 USB driver does not seem to recognize the phone when it is plugged in.
Of course, FutureDial and other sites do not seem to have any drivers listed. So has anyone else been able to connect this phone up? Is what drivers or magic did you perform?

The VX6000 serial cable works. Dunno if you can get a hold of those. This cable seems to be the miracle cable as of late--works on the 4500, and the 8900. It's worth tracking one down.

The VX6000 serial cable works. Dunno if you can get a hold of those. This cable seems to be the miracle cable as of late--works on the 4500, and the 8900. It's worth tracking one down.

I have the cable but I cannot get a driver to recognize the phone. So my question is what do you do to get the USB driver to see the phone?

I have the cable but I cannot get a driver to recognize the phone. So my question is what do you do to get the USB driver to see the phone?

I used the serial cable--not the USB one. So I don't need a driver.

I used the serial cable--not the USB one. So I don't need a driver.

I've got USB cable for VX4500 (Verizon store sells a kit). That USB cable works with my
- LGE 4500
- LGE 6000
- LGE 8818
- CDM 8900 (!!)
(with BREW AppLoader).
However, reverse (USB cable for 6000) doesn't work with other phones. LGE VX6000 usb cable works only with LGE VX6000, and not any other phones. At least for me...

I've got USB cable for VX4500 (Verizon store sells a kit). That USB cable works with my
- LGE 4500
- LGE 6000
- LGE 8818
- CDM 8900 (!!)
(with BREW AppLoader).
However, reverse (USB cable for 6000) doesn't work with other phones. LGE VX6000 usb cable works only with LGE VX6000, and not any other phones. At least for me...

I'm using the vx6000 USB cable with a variety of phones, inlcuding the vx4500, vx6000 and CDM8900 without any problems.

I'm using the vx6000 USB cable with a variety of phones, inlcuding the vx4500, vx6000 and CDM8900 without any problems.

Oh, well, for some reason vx6000 cable didn't work for me. BREW Apploader did see com port. But vx4500 usb cable work out well. Don't know why.

Oh, well, for some reason vx6000 cable didn't work for me. BREW Apploader did see com port. But vx4500 usb cable work out well. Don't know why.

Then tell us what you might have done differently that we have not. Is it possible you have one of those USB cables that work with several handsets including the VX6000?
I have the Mobile Office Kit for the VX6000 purchased from my Verizon store several months ago. Can you check your packaging and give us the model number?

Then tell us what you might have done differently that we have not. Is it possible you have one of those USB cables that work with several handsets including the VX6000?
I have the Mobile Office Kit for the VX6000 purchased from my Verizon store several months ago. Can you check your packaging and give us the model number?

Don't know what Dragon did, but if you're asking me: I got USB cable from Verizon's MOK that "Supports: LG VX-4500 & LG VX-4600 Phones". It says "VERKULG4500" on the sticker. Plugged it in into my USB Hub, in place of 6000's cable. It worked for me, with phones I listed above.
Dragon says here that his LG 6000 usb cable also worked with all those phones. It didn't for me, but this one does :)

Don't know what Dragon did, but if you're asking me: I got USB cable from Verizon's MOK that "Supports: LG VX-4500 & LG VX-4600 Phones". It says "VERKULG4500" on the sticker. Plugged it in into my USB Hub, in place of 6000's cable. It worked for me, with phones I listed above.
Dragon says here that his LG 6000 usb cable also worked with all those phones. It didn't for me, but this one does :)

I too purchased the LG4500/LG4600 cable which works fine. It also works on my LG6000. I ddo not have the 8900 here to test.
As a side note the LG4400 USB driver from FutureDial accepts this USB cable and sees all the devices! There appears to be no need to load the USB driver off the Mobile Kit CD.

I too purchased the LG4500/LG4600 cable which works fine. It also works on my LG6000. I ddo not have the 8900 here to test.
As a side note the LG4400 USB driver from FutureDial accepts this USB cable and sees all the devices! There appears to be no need to load the USB driver off the Mobile Kit CD.

it works on the kyocera slider, too
-Aaron

it works on the kyocera slider, too
-Aaron

I have a USB cable for 6000 and USB driver CD for 6000 from verizon(with cable), it can work well for 6000, but when I tried to use it connect to 4500, it can't work.
It simply no response, and when open device manager, there is no new port or new modem added.
I have tried several USB drivers for it, including driver downloaded from futuredial, driver from cellphonemall and driver from verizon, none can work.
Are you sure that USB cable for 6000 can work for 4500?
If so, which driver and How do I install?
Thank you for your help.

I have a USB cable for 6000 and USB driver CD for 6000 from verizon(with cable), it can work well for 6000, but when I tried to use it connect to 4500, it can't work.
It simply no response, and when open device manager, there is no new port or new modem added.
I have tried several USB drivers for it, including driver downloaded from futuredial, driver from cellphonemall and driver from verizon, none can work.
Are you sure that USB cable for 6000 can work for 4500?
If so, which driver and How do I install?
Thank you for your help.

dunrong wrote:Are you sure that USB cable for 6000 can work for 4500?
If so, which driver and How do I install? Thank you for your help.No, it's the other way around. Cable for 4500/4600 works for all sorts of phones, including VX6000/CDM8900

dunrong wrote:Are you sure that USB cable for 6000 can work for 4500?
If so, which driver and How do I install? Thank you for your help.No, it's the other way around. Cable for 4500/4600 works for all sorts of phones, including VX6000/CDM8900

ThePhoneWiz wrote:I've got USB cable for VX4500 (Verizon store sells a kit). That USB cable works with my
- LGE 4500
- LGE 6000
- LGE 8818
- CDM 8900 (!!)
(with BREW AppLoader).
I currently have a 4500 and am thinking of getting a 7000. Any idea if the same MOK will work with that as well?

ThePhoneWiz wrote:I've got USB cable for VX4500 (Verizon store sells a kit). That USB cable works with my
- LGE 4500
- LGE 6000
- LGE 8818
- CDM 8900 (!!)
(with BREW AppLoader).
I currently have a 4500 and am thinking of getting a 7000. Any idea if the same MOK will work with that as well?

What's a MOK?

What's a MOK?

If it's (the "MOK") the serial data cable yes it will :cool: ,
if not don't know :(

If it's (the "MOK") the serial data cable yes it will :cool: ,
if not don't know :(

I believe a MOK is a Mobile Office Kit, the kind they sell at Verizon stores and come with a USB cable, sync software, etc.
As to whether or not this will work with the VX7000, probably not, since you'll still need to obtain the USB drivers for that device.
The serial cable does work, although the shape of the connector is slightly different and you'll need to jam it in there a little bit. If you can get ahold of one of the newer LG serial cables, I'd recommed doing so, since the same one is now used for the 4700, 6100, 7000, 8000, 5235 (a Tata handset), etc...

I believe a MOK is a Mobile Office Kit, the kind they sell at Verizon stores and come with a USB cable, sync software, etc.
As to whether or not this will work with the VX7000, probably not, since you'll still need to obtain the USB drivers for that device.
The serial cable does work, although the shape of the connector is slightly different and you'll need to jam it in there a little bit. If you can get ahold of one of the newer LG serial cables, I'd recommed doing so, since the same one is now used for the 4700, 6100, 7000, 8000, 5235 (a Tata handset), etc...

I just checked yesterday. It was possible to read EFS of VX7000 with USB cable from VX4500 MOK. VX7000 I have was not test enabled, so I haven't uploaded anything, but BREW apploader was able to connect and read EFS on 7000 using 4500 usb cable.

I just checked yesterday. It was possible to read EFS of VX7000 with USB cable from VX4500 MOK. VX7000 I have was not test enabled, so I haven't uploaded anything, but BREW apploader was able to connect and read EFS on 7000 using 4500 usb cable.

Dragon wrote:I'm using the vx6000 USB cable with a variety of phones, inlcuding the vx4500, vx6000 and CDM8900 without any problems.
did you use a special driver to get it to work? i've got the vx6000 usb cable with the vx4500 phone, but the computer doesn't want to recognize the phone when it's plugged in. i've noticed other people here are having the same issue, but i didn't seem to see any answers to the problem. can you perhaps shed some light for me and the other unfortunates??
thanks!

Dragon wrote:I'm using the vx6000 USB cable with a variety of phones, inlcuding the vx4500, vx6000 and CDM8900 without any problems.
did you use a special driver to get it to work? i've got the vx6000 usb cable with the vx4500 phone, but the computer doesn't want to recognize the phone when it's plugged in. i've noticed other people here are having the same issue, but i didn't seem to see any answers to the problem. can you perhaps shed some light for me and the other unfortunates??
thanks!

Does anyone know where I can find the driver for the LG vx6100 MOK? (The cable is the same one as the 3200, but I can't find the drivers anywhere).
All advice greatly appreciated

Does anyone know where I can find the driver for the LG vx6100 MOK? (The cable is the same one as the 3200, but I can't find the drivers anywhere).
All advice greatly appreciated