Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

Hi,

the NSTL self-test document says "BREW applications that record QCP audio using full fixed-rate encoding must incorporate the application-level workaround described in document: 80-EA470-1 BREW App Note: Fixing Audio Recording Issues.,,"When certain chipsets are provisioned on a 4GV (EVRC-B) network, BREW applications recording QCP audio in full fixed rate will not be able to record audio from the time after a voice call has been placed to the next power-cycle of the device.*An application-level workaround has been provided by Qualcomm, which permits the application to circumvent this limitation.*All BREW applications making use of audio recording must implement this application workaround to ensure that the application functions gracefully on all network infrastructures."

We are recording in QCP format and it seems to be working okay on all the handsets we have tested so far (e.g. Verizon Casio Rock, Casio Brigade) however I would like to implement the workaround described in the document so we don't have any trouble on future handsets, however I can't find it.
Does anyone know what the workaround is or how to obtain this document and whether it is still relevant for new handsets or has Qualcomm fixed the bug ?

Thanks,

David

Hi,
Can we record a voice (audio) file in “.amr” format on a BREW handset using BREW SDK 3.1.2 ?
How to do this?
Can this recorded file be played on any J2ME handset?
Basically what I want to do is the following.
Record a voice file on a BREW 3.1.2 handset and then play that file on a J2ME handset. Is there any way to achieve this?

Hi,
Can we record a voice (audio) file in “.amr” format on a BREW handset using BREW SDK 3.1.2 ?
How to do this?
Can this recorded file be played on any J2ME handset?
Basically what I want to do is the following.
Record a voice file on a BREW 3.1.2 handset and then play that file on a J2ME handset. Is there any way to achieve this?

WolfMobile;81743 wrote:Hi,
the NSTL self-test document says "BREW applications that record QCP audio using full fixed-rate encoding must incorporate the application-level workaround described in document: 80-EA470-1 BREW App Note: Fixing Audio Recording Issues.,,"When certain chipsets are provisioned on a 4GV (EVRC-B) network, BREW applications recording QCP audio in full fixed rate will not be able to record audio from the time after a voice call has been placed to the next power-cycle of the device.*An application-level workaround has been provided by Qualcomm, which permits the application to circumvent this limitation.*All BREW applications making use of audio recording must implement this application workaround to ensure that the application functions gracefully on all network infrastructures."
We are recording in QCP format and it seems to be working okay on all the handsets we have tested so far (e.g. Verizon Casio Rock, Casio Brigade) however I would like to implement the workaround described in the document so we don't have any trouble on future handsets, however I can't find it.
Does anyone know what the workaround is or how to obtain this document and whether it is still relevant for new handsets or has Qualcomm fixed the bug ?
Thanks,
David
The sample App for fixing 4Gv issue is here:
https://brewx.qualcomm.com/brew/sdk/download.jsp?page=dx/en/brew31/ad/kb...
Under: BREW 3.1 - > Brew Programing Principles-> Media
thanks.

WolfMobile;81743 wrote:Hi,
Thanks,
David
The sample App for fixing 4Gv issue is here:
https://brewx.qualcomm.com/brew/sdk/download.jsp?page=dx/en/brew31/ad/kb...
Under: BREW 3.1 - > Brew Programing Principles-> Media
thanks.