Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

How do I find the ESN# of an 8410? The ESN written on the back of the phone is wrong (mostly 'coz I think this phone is used and the guy transferred his ESN to his current phone). The signatures are failing with a 1030 error...

Granted, I dunno what Qualcomm used to flash it with, as I listed the ESN as it is on the battery. Does this matter?

The ESN cannot be transferred from one phone to another. The ESN is unique to a phone and it is the one printed on the back of the handset underneath the battery.
If you signature fails it is most likely because you have entered the ESN incorrectly in the generator. Keep in mind that the Signature Generator on the Extranet requires you to put in the hexadecimal ESN and not the decimal one.

The ESN cannot be transferred from one phone to another. The ESN is unique to a phone and it is the one printed on the back of the handset underneath the battery.
If you signature fails it is most likely because you have entered the ESN incorrectly in the generator. Keep in mind that the Signature Generator on the Extranet requires you to put in the hexadecimal ESN and not the decimal one.

Yeah I put in the ESN as listed on the back in hex. Hmm.
Well, I'm pretty sure you can transfer the ESN to different phones when you want to change handsets with the carrier...but I'm not totally sure.
I'm assuming the ESN is the hex number on the back--the second one. If anyone has an 8410 can they confirm this? Seems like it to me, as it's the only hex number on the back. :)
Any other reasons I'd get a 1030 Digital Singuature failure? Usually when I've gotten it, it's because of the ESN.

Yeah I put in the ESN as listed on the back in hex. Hmm.
Well, I'm pretty sure you can transfer the ESN to different phones when you want to change handsets with the carrier...but I'm not totally sure.
I'm assuming the ESN is the hex number on the back--the second one. If anyone has an 8410 can they confirm this? Seems like it to me, as it's the only hex number on the back. :)
Any other reasons I'd get a 1030 Digital Singuature failure? Usually when I've gotten it, it's because of the ESN.

No, the ESN is the first hex number.

No, the ESN is the first hex number.

And again, an ESN cannot be transferred from one handset to another. If you switch handsets or carriers all that is happening is that the ESN that is associated with the respective phone NUMBER is being changed.

And again, an ESN cannot be transferred from one handset to another. If you switch handsets or carriers all that is happening is that the ESN that is associated with the respective phone NUMBER is being changed.

Well, it's possible to burn an ESN on many devices, but this would be using (very) limited distribution software. I haven't heard of any cases where the carrier provides this service, but it's technically possible to perform an ESN transfer.

Well, it's possible to burn an ESN on many devices, but this would be using (very) limited distribution software. I haven't heard of any cases where the carrier provides this service, but it's technically possible to perform an ESN transfer.

Well, of course, anything is possible. I could also convert my cell phone to work as a microwave if I really wanted to but that wasn't the point of the conversation. :) He thought the ESN of his handset has been changed and I think we can both agree that that is pretty much out of the question.

Well, of course, anything is possible. I could also convert my cell phone to work as a microwave if I really wanted to but that wasn't the point of the conversation. :) He thought the ESN of his handset has been changed and I think we can both agree that that is pretty much out of the question.

Ooh...yeah, didn't read that one too carefully. Dragon's right, chances are excellent that the ESN was not changed on your phone. :o

Ooh...yeah, didn't read that one too carefully. Dragon's right, chances are excellent that the ESN was not changed on your phone. :o