Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Hello guys

I have the following straight from NSTL:

ISSUE #1: The String Format in the MIF is listed as "Unicode"; however, it is listed as "ISO-8859-1" in the Device Data Sheet.

ERROR #1: If the user tries to access the application right after downloading, a message appears "User data is being restore" and the handset powercycles. (Test Case 3.1.6.1)

I'm told by the NSTL people that the application will not fail because of the first, but it obviously failed entrance criteria due to the second. The problem with this is that we have no way of duplicating that error here. In any case, the app worked using the data cables. Furthermore, NSTL man proposed that it may be due to a bad sig file that somehow got corrupted on the way. Has anyone been through this? I need help. This applicaction is running flawlessly on the handset here and we need this app to be certified as soon as possible.

Albert.

No one has come across this? I've read a few threads but all seem inconclusive. Most point to possible errors on the part of the developer. Well, i sure would love for it to be the case so that we could fix them. All in all, our feeling here is of dismay and not a little distrust with the whole system of certification. The people from NSTL don't know what could possibly be the case, the personel from Qualcomm that we have managed to contact say that we should workint out with NSTL. 'Round and 'round it goes. It just seems as if they don't want the apps to make it to the end of the process. One even suggested that the files could have become corrupted in the uploads/downloads!! I mean, that could theorically happen, but network protocols are quite good at error correcting and tcp/ip won't go ahead until it dies or recieves the next packet in the sequence. Frustration is not even close to discribe what we are feeling here....
Saludos,
Albert

No one has come across this? I've read a few threads but all seem inconclusive. Most point to possible errors on the part of the developer. Well, i sure would love for it to be the case so that we could fix them. All in all, our feeling here is of dismay and not a little distrust with the whole system of certification. The people from NSTL don't know what could possibly be the case, the personel from Qualcomm that we have managed to contact say that we should workint out with NSTL. 'Round and 'round it goes. It just seems as if they don't want the apps to make it to the end of the process. One even suggested that the files could have become corrupted in the uploads/downloads!! I mean, that could theorically happen, but network protocols are quite good at error correcting and tcp/ip won't go ahead until it dies or recieves the next packet in the sequence. Frustration is not even close to discribe what we are feeling here....
Saludos,
Albert