Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

So, I bought an 8500 cable for my 8600 (USB), but after installing the drivers, the apploader won't recognize it. What are you guys using for cables/drivers for the 8600?

Is there a serial cable out there I can buy?

BTW--it looks like it may need a different driver. I saw an 8600 USB cable for $100. I'd rather not spend another $100 on another cable just for the driver. Can anyone send me their 8600 USB driver?

BTW--it looks like it may need a different driver. I saw an 8600 USB cable for $100. I'd rather not spend another $100 on another cable just for the driver. Can anyone send me their 8600 USB driver?

Oh and just to continue talking to myself--I got the 8300 mobile office kit.

Oh and just to continue talking to myself--I got the 8300 mobile office kit.

I used the driver from the 8300 MOK and it worked fine. Is the COM port even showing up for you?
Curt

I used the driver from the 8300 MOK and it worked fine. Is the COM port even showing up for you?
Curt

Nope, it's not.

Nope, it's not.

I just ran the setup from Disc 1 (USB Driver and Phone Book Manager). Sorry that isn't much help, but that was all it took.
Curt

I just ran the setup from Disc 1 (USB Driver and Phone Book Manager). Sorry that isn't much help, but that was all it took.
Curt

BREW support just sent me some drivers for the 8600, I didn't install them (since the ones I had worked). If you want to PM me your email address I can forward them on.
Curt

BREW support just sent me some drivers for the 8600, I didn't install them (since the ones I had worked). If you want to PM me your email address I can forward them on.
Curt

I assume you mean the Hyundai/Curitel CDM-8600. if so, the you may need to setup the handsets serial port/data settings:
- ##7678 END
- select Diag
- select the connection type you have

I assume you mean the Hyundai/Curitel CDM-8600. if so, the you may need to setup the handsets serial port/data settings:
- ##7678 END
- select Diag
- select the connection type you have

Louie,
Can you please give more details on that sequence of button presses. I can't get my 8600 to connect using the LG6000 serial cable eventhough midiringtones said it should. I tried that sequence on both the phone's main menu and the BREW main menu, but it is not recognized.
Thanks.
Dan

Louie,
Can you please give more details on that sequence of button presses. I can't get my 8600 to connect using the LG6000 serial cable eventhough midiringtones said it should. I tried that sequence on both the phone's main menu and the BREW main menu, but it is not recognized.
Thanks.
Dan

So are you now able to use LG VX6000 cable for CDM8600?
thanks

So are you now able to use LG VX6000 cable for CDM8600?
thanks

No. I couldn't get the 6000's cable to work with the 8600. Im using this cable without any problems.
Dan

No. I couldn't get the 6000's cable to work with the 8600. Im using this cable without any problems.
Dan