Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

Hi, All,

I found that in Samsung a790, the color of megenda is not treated as transparent color, I am porting a game to it, the game runs well on LG7000, 6000, 4600, sumsung a610, a650, audiovox 8900, 8600, but our QA told me that on a790 the sprite is drawn in a purple block, I believe that it is caused by transparent color. But I have not a device on my hand, so I cannot test it by myself.
Could anyone please tell me the transparent color in A790? Maybe I should set transparent (calling IBITMAP_SetTransparentColor) color before drawing any BITMAP?

Thank you for your kindness.

Yes, calling IBITMAP_SetTransparentColor() will fix the problem. Not sure why you posted the question here instead of just giving it a quick try, but hey, it's your time waiting.

Yes, calling IBITMAP_SetTransparentColor() will fix the problem. Not sure why you posted the question here instead of just giving it a quick try, but hey, it's your time waiting.

I have no A790 device on my hand, so I have to modify source code and send them to our QA, and they will reply me tomorrow, and it is not sure whether the problem is solved.
That is why I ask this question on this forum, because I believe that someone on this forum has the experience for a790.
Thank you for your help, Dragon, :-)

I have no A790 device on my hand, so I have to modify source code and send them to our QA, and they will reply me tomorrow, and it is not sure whether the problem is solved.
That is why I ask this question on this forum, because I believe that someone on this forum has the experience for a790.
Thank you for your help, Dragon, :-)

Yep, makes sense. Try the IBITMAP_SetTransparentColor() and I'm sure it'll fix the problem. It will be a good idea to do that on all Brew 2.x and higher devices anyway, just to be sure.

Yep, makes sense. Try the IBITMAP_SetTransparentColor() and I'm sure it'll fix the problem. It will be a good idea to do that on all Brew 2.x and higher devices anyway, just to be sure.

Hi, Dragon,
Could you please post a piece of code for drawing transparent bitmap on a790?Thank you.
I am still unable to slove the transparency bug.
I am drawing bitmaps by steps:
1 load bitmap from resource file using ISHELL_LoadResBitmap
2 calling IBITMAP_SetTransparencyColor;
3 do some other things. (game logic) I am sure that it does NOT affect IBITMAP
4 drawing bitmaps using IDISPLAY_Bitblt and set AEERasterOp to AEE_RO_TRANSPARENT
but I am still failed to drawing transparent bitmap. I also have tried using IBITMAP_BitIn, failed.

Hi, Dragon,
Could you please post a piece of code for drawing transparent bitmap on a790?Thank you.
I am still unable to slove the transparency bug.
I am drawing bitmaps by steps:
1 load bitmap from resource file using ISHELL_LoadResBitmap
2 calling IBITMAP_SetTransparencyColor;
3 do some other things. (game logic) I am sure that it does NOT affect IBITMAP
4 drawing bitmaps using IDISPLAY_Bitblt and set AEERasterOp to AEE_RO_TRANSPARENT
but I am still failed to drawing transparent bitmap. I also have tried using IBITMAP_BitIn, failed.

I am sure that the background color of the bitmaps is megenta (255, 0, 255) for I have reviewed it. I also running the application on emulator, it works well, I think if I set wrong color to transparency, on emulator it will not work will, will it?
Does the A790 has the same problem with SE47? I remember that on se47 the BLACK COLOR is transparency color.

I am sure that the background color of the bitmaps is megenta (255, 0, 255) for I have reviewed it. I also running the application on emulator, it works well, I think if I set wrong color to transparency, on emulator it will not work will, will it?
Does the A790 has the same problem with SE47? I remember that on se47 the BLACK COLOR is transparency color.

Sorry, I don't have a code example handy but the way you describe it, it should normally work.

Sorry, I don't have a code example handy but the way you describe it, it should normally work.