Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

Hi,

I can load the sample application (roadWarrior) into the phone and it's still in there when I reset it, and it showed up in GetGoing menu. I got the mif, sig, mod into the phone. When I clicked on it, it displayed:

"Application digital signiture failure (1830)"

What could be wrong? I know sig may be the porblem. But I got another one from TestSigGenerator. It still didn't work.

Do I have to compile it using RealView Compilation Tools for BREW first, before I get a sig file and put everything in the phone? Or, can I just skip that step?

Also, my phone always display this message, "initial programming required", what does that mean? Will that affect the way that I load the application?

Thank you.

I assume you mean error 1030, which is the result of an incorrect ESN specified when generating the sig file. Verify that you used the ESN corresponding to the phone being used for testing.
The application MUST be compiled for the handset (into a MOD file) before you can load it.
The "Initial programming needed" message occurs when your phone is not properly registered on the network. Most likely you will be unable to perform data calls, but applications that don't rely on networking should not be affected.

I assume you mean error 1030, which is the result of an incorrect ESN specified when generating the sig file. Verify that you used the ESN corresponding to the phone being used for testing.
The application MUST be compiled for the handset (into a MOD file) before you can load it.
The "Initial programming needed" message occurs when your phone is not properly registered on the network. Most likely you will be unable to perform data calls, but applications that don't rely on networking should not be affected.