Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

AppLoader crashes at start, with new Verizion's Mobile Software Kit for LG VX6000 phone, after drivers from the 1st CD get installed... Anyone tried that kit yet? Cable seems just fine, but something fishy with the USB driver?

BREW Logger works with at the same time (with the same phone). I can see how Soda-Pop mail, for example, logs stuff (through dbgprintf). But BREW AppLoader GPFs if VX6000 is connected. If I re-connect A530, Apploader is fine again (v2.1.1). No clue ... :(

I'm not familiar with the kit you're referring to but I have had no problems wit hthe vx6000. I'm using the futuredial driver - which I sue for all may handsets - that can be obtained for free from their website at http://www.futuredial.com
Try it and see if it solves your problem.

I'm not familiar with the kit you're referring to but I have had no problems wit hthe vx6000. I'm using the futuredial driver - which I sue for all may handsets - that can be obtained for free from their website at http://www.futuredial.com
Try it and see if it solves your problem.

Thanks a lot! Funny thing was that while BREW Logger was running, I was able to lauch Apploader without a crash, and upload .mif/.sig/.mod/.bar files.
Seems like there is an issue with Apploader and VX6000 USB->COM driver from LG (distributed by Verizon).

Thanks a lot! Funny thing was that while BREW Logger was running, I was able to lauch Apploader without a crash, and upload .mif/.sig/.mod/.bar files.
Seems like there is an issue with Apploader and VX6000 USB->COM driver from LG (distributed by Verizon).

Did the Futuredial driver solve your problem?

Did the Futuredial driver solve your problem?

On FutureDial, I couldn't find USB driver only. I could find sections where they sell cables w/ drivers (maybe I was missing/overlooking something). Now that you mentioned this again, I found the link to their "universal" USB driver install point: http://www.futuredial.com/support/usbdrivers/USB%20Installer.exe and http://www.futuredial.com/support/usbdrivers/Drivers_m.htm
I guess LG 1200 USB driver should be the one I should look for VX6000 (since FutureDial doesn't have VX6000 listed on ther web site yet). I'll check that out. In the mean time, workaround to run BREW Logger, with Verizon/LG drivers worked as temporary solution.
Thanks for your help, Dragon!

On FutureDial, I couldn't find USB driver only. I could find sections where they sell cables w/ drivers (maybe I was missing/overlooking something). Now that you mentioned this again, I found the link to their "universal" USB driver install point: http://www.futuredial.com/support/usbdrivers/USB%20Installer.exe and http://www.futuredial.com/support/usbdrivers/Drivers_m.htm
I guess LG 1200 USB driver should be the one I should look for VX6000 (since FutureDial doesn't have VX6000 listed on ther web site yet). I'll check that out. In the mean time, workaround to run BREW Logger, with Verizon/LG drivers worked as temporary solution.
Thanks for your help, Dragon!

I didn't even have to install a driver for the vx6000. One of the ones I had installed already did the job... Probably the vx4400 driver, which is sort of a *universal* driver if I remember correctly.

I didn't even have to install a driver for the vx6000. One of the ones I had installed already did the job... Probably the vx4400 driver, which is sort of a *universal* driver if I remember correctly.

I'm having the same problem where the AppLoader crashes upon startup with my VX6000. The BrewLogger does the same thing. Is there a patch for this problem?

I'm having the same problem where the AppLoader crashes upon startup with my VX6000. The BrewLogger does the same thing. Is there a patch for this problem?

AppLoader 2.1.1 crash using USB cable with LG drivers from Verizon
Hi Guys, long time no post.
Did anyone find out an answer to this one? I'm having the same problem.
My computer did not recognize the VX6000 when I only had the LG VX4400 driver installed. I had to uninstall the VX4400 drivers (ftdibus.sys, LgUsbConverterDriver) in order to successfully install the VX6000 drivers.
AppLoader acts super flakey with these drivers installed (the COM ports are random, includes COM9, sometimes have garbage characters in there). YES, even more flakey than usual!
I've tried it a few times with different configurations:
-- with PC Sync, USB Converter, and Modem driver,
-- with USB Converter and Modem driver,
-- with USB Converter driver only,
-- with USB Modem driver only.
Crash, crash, crash.
Last time I developed for a VX6000, I used a serial cable which worked great. These USB cables are a pain. We've tried installing these drivers on 5 computers, with a high failure rate.
Anyone have a VX6000 serial cable for sale?
Is anyone using the regular USB cable+drivers? Did you switch to FutureDial? Are you using GAGIN instead of AppLoader? Using a USB-to-serial adapter? Using 4400 drivers? What's the secret?
thanks --t

AppLoader 2.1.1 crash using USB cable with LG drivers from Verizon
Hi Guys, long time no post.
Did anyone find out an answer to this one? I'm having the same problem.
My computer did not recognize the VX6000 when I only had the LG VX4400 driver installed. I had to uninstall the VX4400 drivers (ftdibus.sys, LgUsbConverterDriver) in order to successfully install the VX6000 drivers.
AppLoader acts super flakey with these drivers installed (the COM ports are random, includes COM9, sometimes have garbage characters in there). YES, even more flakey than usual!
I've tried it a few times with different configurations:
-- with PC Sync, USB Converter, and Modem driver,
-- with USB Converter and Modem driver,
-- with USB Converter driver only,
-- with USB Modem driver only.
Crash, crash, crash.
Last time I developed for a VX6000, I used a serial cable which worked great. These USB cables are a pain. We've tried installing these drivers on 5 computers, with a high failure rate.
Anyone have a VX6000 serial cable for sale?
Is anyone using the regular USB cable+drivers? Did you switch to FutureDial? Are you using GAGIN instead of AppLoader? Using a USB-to-serial adapter? Using 4400 drivers? What's the secret?
thanks --t

I have had surprisingly little problems in the past months with AppLoader. :)
I'm using the VX6000 with a USB cable and I'm definitely using Futuredial drivers. They are the only drivers I use at all, so that's simple to identify. I'm not sure which one is triggered for the vx6000. Since they don't have a dedicated vx4400 driver, I think it is the genreic one they have - http://www.futuredial.com/support/download/LG_VX1_USB%20Driver.zip
I do recall also that recently I used their automatic driver installer instead of the manual one and thought I'd never go back to manually messing with driver files.
http://www.futuredial.com/support/usbdrivers/Drivers.htm
Try it, maybe that will help.

I have had surprisingly little problems in the past months with AppLoader. :)
I'm using the VX6000 with a USB cable and I'm definitely using Futuredial drivers. They are the only drivers I use at all, so that's simple to identify. I'm not sure which one is triggered for the vx6000. Since they don't have a dedicated vx4400 driver, I think it is the genreic one they have - http://www.futuredial.com/support/download/LG_VX1_USB%20Driver.zip
I do recall also that recently I used their automatic driver installer instead of the manual one and thought I'd never go back to manually messing with driver files.
http://www.futuredial.com/support/usbdrivers/Drivers.htm
Try it, maybe that will help.

hi
i am using the vx6000 for last 1 month but i am not getting any problem with the apploader or the drivers provided with it. it might seem that some of the driver files may be conflecting to preveously installed files.... i had installed the drivers in a fresh Windows 2000 machine it might be the reason for what i am not getting the problem..
sunil

hi
i am using the vx6000 for last 1 month but i am not getting any problem with the apploader or the drivers provided with it. it might seem that some of the driver files may be conflecting to preveously installed files.... i had installed the drivers in a fresh Windows 2000 machine it might be the reason for what i am not getting the problem..
sunil

Thanks Dragon!
I was already using the "generic" LG VX1/VX10 drivers for my VX4400 (they came with Verizon's Mobile Office Kit), but the VX6000 does not work with them. The drivers that come with Verizon's Mobile Office Kit for the LG VX6000 don't work with AppLoader on most machines I've tested.
I tried FutureDial's automatic driver installer, which didn't work. I tried uninstalling the other LG drivers beforehand and that didn't help.
However, I noticed that the FutureDial installer came with LG5350 drivers, which I installed manually and those did work.
Bottom line: you can use LG5350 drivers for the VX6000, and Apploader works fine with them.
Thanks everyone. --t

Thanks Dragon!
I was already using the "generic" LG VX1/VX10 drivers for my VX4400 (they came with Verizon's Mobile Office Kit), but the VX6000 does not work with them. The drivers that come with Verizon's Mobile Office Kit for the LG VX6000 don't work with AppLoader on most machines I've tested.
I tried FutureDial's automatic driver installer, which didn't work. I tried uninstalling the other LG drivers beforehand and that didn't help.
However, I noticed that the FutureDial installer came with LG5350 drivers, which I installed manually and those did work.
Bottom line: you can use LG5350 drivers for the VX6000, and Apploader works fine with them.
Thanks everyone. --t

Glad it finally worked out, man.

Glad it finally worked out, man.

HI people,
Looks like I'm digging this post again :)
After a lot of search in the forum and trying all the possible things said in this post especially, i'm still having a problem to get the Apploder connect to a VX6000 or VX4400
I'm having a XP pro SP1 system, trying to connect VX6000 and VX4400 to my system to get the application loaded into the devices. Both the devices are test enabled.
Events happened:
1. I tried installing the Drivers which came with the USB connector kit, from Verizon. I got the Pc Sync working ! I can see the phone book etc. But my apploadder crashed.
2. I uninstalled the drivers, and got the FutureDial drivers and first did the automatic driver install for VX6000.
a. It installed LG USB Composite Device
b. Installed LG CDMA USB modem Driver (com 5)
c. Installed LG CDMA USB modem diagnostic serial port Drivers(WDM) (com 6)
My Apploader doesn't crash this time, but after a long search in com1 , com5, and com6 each time , it gave me "Error - Couldn't connect to any device with the specified divice id"
3. I uninstalled the drivers this time, and then loaded the drivers of VX4400. same procedures of part 2 happened, with finally the same result of that error.
4. I uninstalled all the drivers, and then i tried with manual installation of LG5350 drivers which comes with FutureDial ! ending with the same error ! :(
Can anyone help me out, i am stuck !
thanks in Advance, for ur patience ....
Regards

HI people,
Looks like I'm digging this post again :)
After a lot of search in the forum and trying all the possible things said in this post especially, i'm still having a problem to get the Apploder connect to a VX6000 or VX4400
I'm having a XP pro SP1 system, trying to connect VX6000 and VX4400 to my system to get the application loaded into the devices. Both the devices are test enabled.
Events happened:
1. I tried installing the Drivers which came with the USB connector kit, from Verizon. I got the Pc Sync working ! I can see the phone book etc. But my apploadder crashed.
2. I uninstalled the drivers, and got the FutureDial drivers and first did the automatic driver install for VX6000.
a. It installed LG USB Composite Device
b. Installed LG CDMA USB modem Driver (com 5)
c. Installed LG CDMA USB modem diagnostic serial port Drivers(WDM) (com 6)
My Apploader doesn't crash this time, but after a long search in com1 , com5, and com6 each time , it gave me "Error - Couldn't connect to any device with the specified divice id"
3. I uninstalled the drivers this time, and then loaded the drivers of VX4400. same procedures of part 2 happened, with finally the same result of that error.
4. I uninstalled all the drivers, and then i tried with manual installation of LG5350 drivers which comes with FutureDial ! ending with the same error ! :(
Can anyone help me out, i am stuck !
thanks in Advance, for ur patience ....
Regards

Hello everyone,
I have kind of the same problem. The VX6000 is working correctly. The apploader detects it etc... But I can't get the apploader to see the VX4400... It worked some time ago but now it doesn't... I was using the futuredial drivers and cable. I have also tried the verizon drivers and cable... no luck... Has anyone experienced this before?

Hello everyone,
I have kind of the same problem. The VX6000 is working correctly. The apploader detects it etc... But I can't get the apploader to see the VX4400... It worked some time ago but now it doesn't... I was using the futuredial drivers and cable. I have also tried the verizon drivers and cable... no luck... Has anyone experienced this before?

I have 2 4400 and sent them both to QUALCOMM to get them test-enabled... would the beavhior described previously happen if the phones were not test-bit enabled?

I have 2 4400 and sent them both to QUALCOMM to get them test-enabled... would the beavhior described previously happen if the phones were not test-bit enabled?

What version of AppLoader are you using?
Did you look at this sticky thread:
http://brewforums.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?threadid=3394
That is the solution to AppLoader 2.1.2. If you're using 2.1.1, it's probably something else.

What version of AppLoader are you using?
Did you look at this sticky thread:
http://brewforums.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?threadid=3394
That is the solution to AppLoader 2.1.2. If you're using 2.1.1, it's probably something else.

hello Sac,
i followed the follwing step for my vx6000 phones and it workes each time.
1. connect the phone to PC USB.
2. install the LGUsbModemDriver from CD1 manually by clicking on the LGUsbModemDriver.exe file.
3. install the LGUsbConverterDriverfrom CD1 manually by clicking on the LGUsbConverterDriver.exe file.
4. download the DREW application from the brew extranet.
5. run the apploder.
6. in is detected....
best of luck.....

hello Sac,
i followed the follwing step for my vx6000 phones and it workes each time.
1. connect the phone to PC USB.
2. install the LGUsbModemDriver from CD1 manually by clicking on the LGUsbModemDriver.exe file.
3. install the LGUsbConverterDriverfrom CD1 manually by clicking on the LGUsbConverterDriver.exe file.
4. download the DREW application from the brew extranet.
5. run the apploder.
6. in is detected....
best of luck.....

HI guys,
tom, skumar_rao and all the helpfull people: thanks for ur helps, now VX6000 gets connected and i can finally see my game in the device :)
it was the combination of bouth ur helps worked things out :) thanks a lot, i think now VX4400 will also work !

HI guys,
tom, skumar_rao and all the helpfull people: thanks for ur helps, now VX6000 gets connected and i can finally see my game in the device :)
it was the combination of bouth ur helps worked things out :) thanks a lot, i think now VX4400 will also work !

update ! I tried to load the game into the vx4400 just now, and have problems doing it.
i could load my .mif, .mod and .sig file, but when i am loading my .bar file , half way through the load the device reboots automatically, and the connection between the apploader and the device gets disconnected. and when i close all , re initiate the connection, i can see the .bar file been half copied ! what could be the problem and how to solve it !
btw, my bar file is around 579kb and the copied amount is a little more than 230 kb. i read that there is no file size restriction as such for single files, but there is a total of 1.5 Mb restriction for brew apps, and my device shows i have ~2.2Mb free space. So rounding all this ! what is the problem ?? and why couldn't i sucessfully copy the stuff into device ?? :(. as i said its just the Bar file which is doing the problem.
PS: I thought may be its because of the watch dog, as i think its 30 sec timeout, so the next time when i did the copying, i kept the device busy by passing some random key strokes and selecting random menus. still right at that spot it reboots !
I also thought if the Bar file might be currupted ! but if it is so, i would have come to know when i run it in the emulator! there was no problem reading any files from the Bar file.
Btw, as I'm not in US, i don't have a live device, but my device is test enabled.
Please help me pointing to the possible solutions! i need to test this game in the device. :(

update ! I tried to load the game into the vx4400 just now, and have problems doing it.
i could load my .mif, .mod and .sig file, but when i am loading my .bar file , half way through the load the device reboots automatically, and the connection between the apploader and the device gets disconnected. and when i close all , re initiate the connection, i can see the .bar file been half copied ! what could be the problem and how to solve it !
btw, my bar file is around 579kb and the copied amount is a little more than 230 kb. i read that there is no file size restriction as such for single files, but there is a total of 1.5 Mb restriction for brew apps, and my device shows i have ~2.2Mb free space. So rounding all this ! what is the problem ?? and why couldn't i sucessfully copy the stuff into device ?? :(. as i said its just the Bar file which is doing the problem.
PS: I thought may be its because of the watch dog, as i think its 30 sec timeout, so the next time when i did the copying, i kept the device busy by passing some random key strokes and selecting random menus. still right at that spot it reboots !
I also thought if the Bar file might be currupted ! but if it is so, i would have come to know when i run it in the emulator! there was no problem reading any files from the Bar file.
Btw, as I'm not in US, i don't have a live device, but my device is test enabled.
Please help me pointing to the possible solutions! i need to test this game in the device. :(

Try breaking your bar file up into a couple of smaller files.
-Tyndal

-Tyndal

Hi Sac,
i donot have a vx4400 but with the other phones till now i have not faced the problem and also i have not larger then 75k so sorry...
but i think the watch dog donot have nothing to do with the apploder system.

Hi Sac,
i donot have a vx4400 but with the other phones till now i have not faced the problem and also i have not larger then 75k so sorry...
but i think the watch dog donot have nothing to do with the apploder system.

Quote:Originally posted by tyndal
-Tyndal
Hi Tyndal : Let me understand this clearly, i have to split it into small small Bar files, right ? after spliting it and compiling all ;the bar files, i will have to merage all the .h to one and then attach it to the source code and compile it right ??

Quote:Originally posted by tyndal
-Tyndal
Hi Tyndal : Let me understand this clearly, i have to split it into small small Bar files, right ? after spliting it and compiling all ;the bar files, i will have to merage all the .h to one and then attach it to the source code and compile it right ??

i was just suggesting a workaround for your problem.
you could probably just make a couple copies of the bri file, rename them, and then delete different resouces from each one, and generate the bar files. If you do it this way, you could use the old header file (since the id numbers wouldnt change), but you would need to change your LoadResXXX() functions so that you give the appropriate filename(s) as an argument, and recompile.
-Tyndal

i was just suggesting a workaround for your problem.
you could probably just make a couple copies of the bri file, rename them, and then delete different resouces from each one, and generate the bar files. If you do it this way, you could use the old header file (since the id numbers wouldnt change), but you would need to change your LoadResXXX() functions so that you give the appropriate filename(s) as an argument, and recompile.
-Tyndal

exactly ! :) actually i started doing that after i posted to see if i was going in the right way :) and i think i am as u also confirmed it :)
thanks anyway !! will keep u updated on the results !! so its because of trying to load a huge file up the device right ??

exactly ! :) actually i started doing that after i posted to see if i was going in the right way :) and i think i am as u also confirmed it :)
thanks anyway !! will keep u updated on the results !! so its because of trying to load a huge file up the device right ??

hi all
i was using AppLoader 2.1.1 and till few days back it was working ok... then it started giving problem...it started hanging, and after loading for 1-2 times it was detecting device...
now it is not at all working... i install it again, but got same error...
also i've tried on other machine but i got same results....
i think it is problem with data cable or device...
any clue on why this may be happening ?
sdg:confused:

hi all
i was using AppLoader 2.1.1 and till few days back it was working ok... then it started giving problem...it started hanging, and after loading for 1-2 times it was detecting device...
now it is not at all working... i install it again, but got same error...
also i've tried on other machine but i got same results....
i think it is problem with data cable or device...
any clue on why this may be happening ?
sdg:confused: