Forums:

Hi All,

I have been given this bug by NSTL which says
"Audiovox 8900/8910, If the user presses the numeric keypad,
while the audio is playing its interrupted"

I tested the build of the device what i noticed is
when the keytone is disabled this does not happen,
but when the keytone is enabled then we are able to
hear the keytone whenever we press the numeric keypad.
Which infact makes a disturbance for the game tone.

This is very understandable, that its a device problem.
We developers don have a API to stop the keytones so that
we can stop playing it. I think these NSTL testers seriously
need some training or they should have some common sence
this is wasting my & my clients presious time.

Plz give some reply for this.........

Thanks in advance

Key press sounds have a higher priority than application sounds, so you should expect to hear small interruptions in sound play when a key is pressed on many devices. This shouldn’t cause you to fail TBT…

Key press sounds have a higher priority than application sounds, so you should expect to hear small interruptions in sound play when a key is pressed on many devices. This shouldn’t cause you to fail TBT…

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for reply. This has actually cased the TBT.
I know its a stupid thing.
But now i have to show this thread to waive the bug.
Thanks Jonathan,
For helping me again

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for reply. This has actually cased the TBT.
I know its a stupid thing.
But now i have to show this thread to waive the bug.
Thanks Jonathan,
For helping me again

Hello.
I have a simmilar problem with the key pressing on audiovox 8910.
The problem: I deactivate key-sounds from the phone's menu. I run an aplication. The aplication plays a tune. I press some buttons. The tune makes a little pause every time a key is presed.
Is this normal? Is this the way the phone is supposed to behave?
Thank you.

Hello.
I have a simmilar problem with the key pressing on audiovox 8910.
The problem: I deactivate key-sounds from the phone's menu. I run an aplication. The aplication plays a tune. I press some buttons. The tune makes a little pause every time a key is presed.
Is this normal? Is this the way the phone is supposed to behave?
Thank you.

I'm experiencing the same problem. Does this problem already has a solution??

I'm experiencing the same problem. Does this problem already has a solution??

Same problem for me. The key sounds are disabled, but the music gets interupted. However, this is only happening when I hit the up/down key. Not any other one. Is this a known issue?

Same problem for me. The key sounds are disabled, but the music gets interupted. However, this is only happening when I hit the up/down key. Not any other one. Is this a known issue?

Why is it that everyone has these issues and it always lingers in the forums... can't johnathan or max elevate these things to QCT or some test group there? christ it's annoying...

Why is it that everyone has these issues and it always lingers in the forums... can't johnathan or max elevate these things to QCT or some test group there? christ it's annoying...

I don't get quite what you're saying.
QCT is not related to NSTL testing. NSTL should not be failing apps for this reason, but software testing is generally a pretty high-turnover field and it's tough to retain knowledge. If you have problems with NSTL for this reason, you'll need to follow up with NSTL.
As for fixing this from the BREW side, there should be fixes addressing the issue in a later 3.1 release. Don't expect to ever see this fixed on 2.x devices.

I don't get quite what you're saying.
QCT is not related to NSTL testing. NSTL should not be failing apps for this reason, but software testing is generally a pretty high-turnover field and it's tough to retain knowledge. If you have problems with NSTL for this reason, you'll need to follow up with NSTL.
As for fixing this from the BREW side, there should be fixes addressing the issue in a later 3.1 release. Don't expect to ever see this fixed on 2.x devices.

I've spoken to my QA team about this. In the past, the QA have simply noted that the keytone issue occurs in the NSTL submission. NSTL did not fail any Audiovox 8900/8910 builds with this note.
I think it's just a way to remind NSTL that it is a known issue (since their testers don't always check for known issues before failing builds). :(

I've spoken to my QA team about this. In the past, the QA have simply noted that the keytone issue occurs in the NSTL submission. NSTL did not fail any Audiovox 8900/8910 builds with this note.
I think it's just a way to remind NSTL that it is a known issue (since their testers don't always check for known issues before failing builds). :(