Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

hi Can anyone suggest good BREW 3.1.5 devices which could be bought in India with Service ?

Thanks,
Ash

ash_123 wrote:hi Can anyone suggest good BREW 3.1.5 devices which could be bought in India with Service ?
Thanks,
Ash
HUAWEI 2900i --- TATA INDICOM

ash_123 wrote:hi Can anyone suggest good BREW 3.1.5 devices which could be bought in India with Service ?
Thanks,
Ash
HUAWEI 2900i --- TATA INDICOM

Thanks,
Ash
Hi Ash,
You can find Huawei C2900i, C5100, C5588 and Motorola W212 on TATA network
All are BREW 3.1.5 and later.
Good Luck..!

Thanks,
Ash
Hi Ash,
You can find Huawei C2900i, C5100, C5588 and Motorola W212 on TATA network
All are BREW 3.1.5 and later.
Good Luck..!

thanks all :-)
are these low-tier or mid-tier devices any idea ? also i wanted to know the amount of RAM in these devices.

thanks all :-)
are these low-tier or mid-tier devices any idea ? also i wanted to know the amount of RAM in these devices.

Yaa.. I also seek information regarding some devices in market like samsung MAX and samsung FLO.All these are tata devices but I could find only little information regarding them on net ,like which brew version they support , memory .

Yaa.. I also seek information regarding some devices in market like samsung MAX and samsung FLO.All these are tata devices but I could find only little information regarding them on net ,like which brew version they support , memory .

Following are BREW 3.1.5 version Devices on TATA Network: (High and Mid End)
Quote:1. Huawei C5588: QSC6030,ARM9,39kb,5157kb,BMP,GIF,PNG,JPEG,MID,MP3,MidiOutQCP,ICamera and Display 176x220.
Quote:2. Huawei C5100: QSC6030,ARM9,39kb,1925kb,BMP,PNG,JPEG,MID,MP3,ICamera and display 128x160
Quote:3 Spice C180: QSC6020,ARM9,32kb,3733kb,BMP,PNG,JPEG,MID,MP3,QCP and ICamera(1.3M),Display 240x320.
Quote:4. Haier CG100: QSC6020,ARM9,32kb,3733kb,BMP,PNG,JPEG,MID,MP3,QCP and display 128x160.
All the above devices supports extended memory.
First kb stands for stack followed by Heap. EFS memory not mentioned.
V3C, L7C and K1M are 3.1.2 devices.
All samsung models are 2.1.3 devices. In feature you can expect samsung device with 3.1.5.
Samsung Motive series 1 to 3(New device - low end) are the only devices with brew 3.1.5 version.
At the low- end there are more than 20 devices with brew version 3.1.5.

Following are BREW 3.1.5 version Devices on TATA Network: (High and Mid End)
Quote:1. Huawei C5588: QSC6030,ARM9,39kb,5157kb,BMP,GIF,PNG,JPEG,MID,MP3,MidiOutQCP,ICamera and Display 176x220.
Quote:2. Huawei C5100: QSC6030,ARM9,39kb,1925kb,BMP,PNG,JPEG,MID,MP3,ICamera and display 128x160
Quote:3 Spice C180: QSC6020,ARM9,32kb,3733kb,BMP,PNG,JPEG,MID,MP3,QCP and ICamera(1.3M),Display 240x320.
Quote:4. Haier CG100: QSC6020,ARM9,32kb,3733kb,BMP,PNG,JPEG,MID,MP3,QCP and display 128x160.
All samsung models are 2.1.3 devices. In feature you can expect samsung device with 3.1.5.
Samsung Motive series 1 to 3(New device - low end) are the only devices with brew 3.1.5 version.

Thanks Ramki!
I could not find these devices on the Tata indicom website.. also is 5 MB memory the max we can get in a high end handset ?
-Ash
Brewin wrote:Following are BREW 3.1.5 version Devices on TATA Network: (High and Mid End)

Thanks Ramki!
I could not find these devices on the Tata indicom website.. also is 5 MB memory the max we can get in a high end handset ?
-Ash
Brewin wrote:Following are BREW 3.1.5 version Devices on TATA Network: (High and Mid End)

All the above device are ready to release into the market..
I hope you will able to see these devices in the market by end of this month.
EFS and RAM memory is device OEM dependent(They will set what ever they like).
For Ex: Samsung t-Nimbus has 23MB EFS memory and 15MB RAM
where as samsung NX1 has 4MB EFS and 7MB RAM both are high end device(In India) with QSC6100 chipset.
So it all depends on OEM's. Operator only defines minimum required spec's for all 3 tier's(low, mid and high). On some devices OEM's don't even meet these specifications(very less) but due to some deadlines and time constraints these devices gets approved from the operator.
Anyway if anyone has any specific requirement in terms of supported interfaces and brew verions on TATA network devices please post it here...

All the above device are ready to release into the market..
where as samsung NX1 has 4MB EFS and 7MB RAM both are high end device(In India) with QSC6100 chipset.
So it all depends on OEM's. Operator only defines minimum required spec's for all 3 tier's(low, mid and high). On some devices OEM's don't even meet these specifications(very less) but due to some deadlines and time constraints these devices gets approved from the operator.
Anyway if anyone has any specific requirement in terms of supported interfaces and brew verions on TATA network devices please post it here...

Thanks!
This Samsung T-nimbus will it be availalbe too ?
Can you tell me the exact date ? I am plannig to get one of these.
Thanks,
Ash
Brewin wrote:All the above device are ready to release into the market..

Thanks!
This Samsung T-nimbus will it be availalbe too ?
Can you tell me the exact date ? I am plannig to get one of these.
Thanks,
Ash
Brewin wrote:All the above device are ready to release into the market..

Quote:This Samsung T-nimbus will it be availalbe too ?
t-Nimbus(released long back) is already in the market and it is BREW 2.1.3 device...
Spice C-180 is already launched in the Open market.(Works on both TATA and Reliance networks)

Quote:This Samsung T-nimbus will it be availalbe too ?
t-Nimbus(released long back) is already in the market and it is BREW 2.1.3 device...
Spice C-180 is already launched in the Open market.(Works on both TATA and Reliance networks)

Brewin wrote:t-Nimbus(released long back) is already in the market and it is BREW 2.1.3 device...
I feel u are talking about spice c810 , I am not able to use logger with this device.
Is that issue of device .
I also want to know about Nokia 6275(I feel its being used by tata) .Do u have any experience with this device
I am not able to connect this one with loader . Please check out this device.
Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma

Brewin wrote:t-Nimbus(released long back) is already in the market and it is BREW 2.1.3 device...
I feel u are talking about spice c810 , I am not able to use logger with this device.
I also want to know about Nokia 6275(I feel its being used by tata) .Do u have any experience with this device
Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma

Thanks Ashutosh,
how did you detect the port to connect to for this device ?
Ashutosh_Sharma wrote:I feel u are talking about spice c810 , I am not able to use logger with this device.
Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma

Thanks Ashutosh,
how did you detect the port to connect to for this device ?
Ashutosh_Sharma wrote:I feel u are talking about spice c810 , I am not able to use logger with this device.
Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma

Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma
its a java device i mean u can ru j2me app not brew...(6275)
please correct me if im wrong its my exp??

Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma
its a java device i mean u can ru j2me app not brew...(6275)
please correct me if im wrong its my exp??

Hi All,
From which version of the brew , BREW UI Widget and Forms supports. And which devices available in India for supporting BREW UI Widget and Forms.

Hi All,
From which version of the brew , BREW UI Widget and Forms supports. And which devices available in India for supporting BREW UI Widget and Forms.

The Engineering samples that we had do support DBGPRINTF(BREW Logger debug) on this device.
Are you able to connect the device to BREW logger or you just not able to see the debug info on the logger???
Ashutosh_Sharma wrote:
As replied by manju,
Nokia 6275 is not a BREW device, Till date we have only 3 nokia Devices that has BREW all others are j2ME devies. :cool:

The Engineering samples that we had do support DBGPRINTF(BREW Logger debug) on this device.
Are you able to connect the device to BREW logger or you just not able to see the debug info on the logger???
Ashutosh_Sharma wrote:
As replied by manju,
Nokia 6275 is not a BREW device, Till date we have only 3 nokia Devices that has BREW all others are j2ME devies. :cool:

Prayag wrote:Hi All,
You can check the followng Devices....
Quote:V3C, K1M ,L7C all are 3.1.2 from Motorola.
Quote:SCH-F519 (T-Nimbus),SCH-F679 (NX1),SCH-W339 (NT2 - TS,Dual RUIM{Only one at any time}),SCH-W619 (Fleta-C -- TS, Simultaneous Dual SIM) all are 2.1.3 from Samsung.
TS: Touch Screen.
Quote:Huawei c5588 a BREW 3.1.5 from Huawei
Quote:Spice c180 a BREW 3.1.5 form spice mobile

Prayag wrote:Hi All,
You can check the followng Devices....
Quote:V3C, K1M ,L7C all are 3.1.2 from Motorola.
Quote:SCH-F519 (T-Nimbus),SCH-F679 (NX1),SCH-W339 (NT2 - TS,Dual RUIM{Only one at any time}),SCH-W619 (Fleta-C -- TS, Simultaneous Dual SIM) all are 2.1.3 from Samsung.
TS: Touch Screen.
Quote:Huawei c5588 a BREW 3.1.5 from Huawei
Quote:Spice c180 a BREW 3.1.5 form spice mobile

ash_123 wrote: :confused: 6275 is a BREW handset. :confused:
http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/6275
Nokia 6275 is released as JAVA[Java™ MIDP 2.0 ] handset in INDIA.
http://www.nokia.co.in/A4534131
or visit
http://www.tataindicom.com/t-personal-mobile-handsets.aspx and drag the mobile into the compare box and press select.

ash_123 wrote: :confused: 6275 is a BREW handset. :confused:
http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/6275
Nokia 6275 is released as JAVA[Java™ MIDP 2.0 ] handset in INDIA.
or visit
http://www.tataindicom.com/t-personal-mobile-handsets.aspx and drag the mobile into the compare box and press select.

Are you sure.. ? I heard it has both java and BREW
Recommend me a good phone which I can buy in Tata indicom in NOida.. pls..
Brewin wrote:Nokia 6275 is released as JAVA[Java™ MIDP 2.0 ] handset in INDIA.
or visit

Are you sure.. ? I heard it has both java and BREW
Brewin wrote:Nokia 6275 is released as JAVA[Java™ MIDP 2.0 ] handset in INDIA.
or visit

ash_123 wrote:Are you sure.. ? I heard it has both java and BREW
Nope, 6275 is a java device, im sure we have this device,
anywhere in india u can use this following devices for brew provided there is a reception!!!
TATA devices
Motorola V3c
Huwaei 2900i
samsung s259
etc...
these are the devices which im currently using in noida..

Nope, 6275 is a java device, im sure we have this device,
anywhere in india u can use this following devices for brew provided there is a reception!!!
TATA devices
Motorola V3c
Huwaei 2900i
samsung s259
etc...
these are the devices which im currently using in noida..

Brewin wrote:The Engineering samples that we had do support DBGPRINTF(BREW Logger debug) on this device.
Hi,
I am able to connect to Brew logger but not able to see the debug info on the logger. It just shows me connected to logger but nothing happens on key events.
regards

Brewin wrote:The Engineering samples that we had do support DBGPRINTF(BREW Logger debug) on this device.
Hi,
I am able to connect to Brew logger but not able to see the debug info on the logger. It just shows me connected to logger but nothing happens on key events.
regards

Have you put debug printfs in your app for key events ? enable brew debug statements and see.
Ashutosh_Sharma wrote:Brewin wrote:The Engineering samples that we had do support DBGPRINTF(BREW Logger debug) on this device.
Hi,
regards

Have you put debug printfs in your app for key events ? enable brew debug statements and see.
Ashutosh_Sharma wrote:Brewin wrote:The Engineering samples that we had do support DBGPRINTF(BREW Logger debug) on this device.
Hi,
regards

Yeah ofcourse, In india it is released as JAVA handset.
it might have BREW 3.1.4(not sure) but the device don't have BAM(BREW app manager) so one can't upload/download BREW applications on to the handset. So there is no point in trying to test BREW on the handset.
ash_123 wrote:Recommend me a good phone which I can buy in Tata indicom in NOida.. pls..
Tata Indicom has 70(BREW) Odd handset in the market out of which 10+ are hig end models. Based on your application i.e Interfaces use I can suggest one.

Yeah ofcourse, In india it is released as JAVA handset.
it might have BREW 3.1.4(not sure) but the device don't have BAM(BREW app manager) so one can't upload/download BREW applications on to the handset. So there is no point in trying to test BREW on the handset.
ash_123 wrote:Recommend me a good phone which I can buy in Tata indicom in NOida.. pls..
Tata Indicom has 70(BREW) Odd handset in the market out of which 10+ are hig end models. Based on your application i.e Interfaces use I can suggest one.

Please let me know.. i've sent you a message with the list which the tata indicom person had..
thanks,
ash
Brewin wrote:Yeah ofcourse, In india it is released as JAVA handset.

Please let me know.. i've sent you a message with the list which the tata indicom person had..
thanks,
ash
Brewin wrote:Yeah ofcourse, In india it is released as JAVA handset.

ash_123 wrote:Please let me know.. i've sent you a message with the list which the tata indicom person had..
thanks,
ash
check your Inbox.

ash_123 wrote:Please let me know.. i've sent you a message with the list which the tata indicom person had..
thanks,
ash
check your Inbox.

ash_123 wrote:Have you put debug printfs in your app for key events ? enable brew debug statements and see.
Ashutosh_Sharma wrote:
Hi,
I have problem using debugger with this particular handset only(spice c810), its not responding to anything happening on handset ..leave alone my dbgprintf . any one else having this particular handset ??
I will be thankful to Brewin if he can send list of handsets used by TATA.
regards

ash_123 wrote:Have you put debug printfs in your app for key events ? enable brew debug statements and see.
Ashutosh_Sharma wrote:
Hi,
I have problem using debugger with this particular handset only(spice c810), its not responding to anything happening on handset ..leave alone my dbgprintf . any one else having this particular handset ??
regards

hi brewin,
i need this info about tata devices..
Do all tata devices which supports http wil also support https??
Touch screen list of devices??
like does it always a higher screen size (ie lies bw 240*297/320 or may vary)

hi brewin,
i need this info about tata devices..
Do all tata devices which supports http wil also support https??
Touch screen list of devices??
like does it always a higher screen size (ie lies bw 240*297/320 or may vary)

Actually.. they seem to have completely disabled logging in the buld.
one option is you output data to a file and run your app and test the flow.
Else you can enable debugger and test.
Ashutosh_Sharma wrote:ash_123 wrote:Have you put debug printfs in your app for key events ? enable brew debug statements and see.
Hi,
regards

Actually.. they seem to have completely disabled logging in the buld.
one option is you output data to a file and run your app and test the flow.
Else you can enable debugger and test.
Ashutosh_Sharma wrote:ash_123 wrote:Have you put debug printfs in your app for key events ? enable brew debug statements and see.
Hi,
regards

Below is the list of Available handsets for TATA Indicom under BREW Development...
spice C180 is released in Open market(like Normal GSM devices), so not sure about the debug availability on the commercial builds.
Handset Name BREW Version Language
KX - 414 2.0.2.6 English
KX - 424 2.0.2 English
KX - 434 2.0.2 English
KX - 444 2.1.3.4 English
KX - 17 2.1.1.2 English
KX - 7 2.1.3.11 English
KX - 122 2.1.1.2 English
LG - 5235 2.0.2.1 English
LG - 6335 2.1.3.11 English
LG - LSI-120 2.1.3.11 English
PA - 711 2.1.3.11 English
PA - 715 2.1.3.11 English
Moto - Razr 3.1.2 English
Moto - A840 2.1.1.7 English
Moto - W210 2.1.2.5 English
Moto - W170 2.1.2.5 English
Moto - W355 2.1.3.7 English
Moto - K1M 3.1.2 English
Moto - L7C 3.1.2 English
Moto - W212 3.1.5 English/Hindi
Moto - W362 3.1.5 English
Samsung - SMagic-E159 2.1.3.11 English
Samsung - Tnimbus-F519 2.1.3.11 English
Samsung - NT2-W339-Touch Screen 2.1.3.11 English
Samsung - Bliss-S259 2.1.3.11 English
Samsung - SCH269-Mode bar 2.1.3.11 English
Samsung - F679(NX1) 2.1.3.11 English
Samsung - Bullet-S399-Bullet3 2.1.3.11 English
Samsung - W619-Touch Screen 2.1.3.11 English
Samsung - Motive-1-B239 3.1.5.69 English/Hindi
Samsung - Motive-2-B259 3.1.5.69 English/Hindi
Huawei - C506 2.1.2.5 English
Huawei - C5300 2.1.2.5 English
Huawei - C2285 2.1.2.5 English
Huawei - C2900 3.1.5.36 English/Hindi
Huawei - C2801 2.1.2.5 English/Hindi
Huawei - C5320 2.1.2.5 English
Huawei - C2905 3.1.5.36 English/Hindi
Huawei - C2802 2.1.2.5 English/Hindi
Huawei - C2900i 3.1.5.36 English/Hindi
Huawei - C2605 2.1.2.5 English/Hindi
Huawei - C2821 (+) 2.1.2.5 English/Hindi
Huawei - C2803 2.1.2.5 English/Hindi
Huawei - C2901 3.1.5.36 English/Hindi
Huawei - C5588 3.1.5.36 English/Hindi
Huawei - C5100 3.1.5.36 English/Hindi
Huawei - C2206 2.1.2.5 English/Hindi
Haier - C2000 3.1.5.41 English
Haier - C2010 3.1.5.41 English
Haier - C2020 3.1.5.41 English
Haier - C3000 3.1.5.41 English
Haier - C3010 3.1.5.41 English
Haier - C200 3.1.5 English/Hindi
Haier - C6000 3.1.5 English/Hindi
Haier - CG100 3.1.5.69 English
Nokia - 1325 3.1.5 English/Hindi
Nokia - 2505 3.1.5 English/Hindi
Nokia - 6088 2.1.2.5 English
ZTE - C170 2.0.2 English
ZTE - C332 3.1.5.36 English/Hindi
ZTE - C335 3.1.5.36 English/Hindi
ZTE - C336 3.1.5.36 English/Hindi
Spice - C810 3.1.5.69 English
Chiva - R150 2.1.3.11 English

Below is the list of Available handsets for TATA Indicom under BREW Development...
spice C180 is released in Open market(like Normal GSM devices), so not sure about the debug availability on the commercial builds.
Handset Name BREW Version Language
KX - 414 2.0.2.6 English
KX - 424 2.0.2 English
KX - 434 2.0.2 English
KX - 444 2.1.3.4 English
KX - 17 2.1.1.2 English
KX - 7 2.1.3.11 English
KX - 122 2.1.1.2 English
LG - 5235 2.0.2.1 English
LG - 6335 2.1.3.11 English
LG - LSI-120 2.1.3.11 English
PA - 711 2.1.3.11 English
PA - 715 2.1.3.11 English
Moto - Razr 3.1.2 English
Moto - A840 2.1.1.7 English
Moto - W210 2.1.2.5 English
Moto - W170 2.1.2.5 English
Moto - W355 2.1.3.7 English
Moto - K1M 3.1.2 English
Moto - L7C 3.1.2 English
Moto - W212 3.1.5 English/Hindi
Moto - W362 3.1.5 English
Samsung - SMagic-E159 2.1.3.11 English
Samsung - Tnimbus-F519 2.1.3.11 English
Samsung - NT2-W339-Touch Screen 2.1.3.11 English
Samsung - Bliss-S259 2.1.3.11 English
Samsung - SCH269-Mode bar 2.1.3.11 English
Samsung - F679(NX1) 2.1.3.11 English
Samsung - Bullet-S399-Bullet3 2.1.3.11 English
Samsung - W619-Touch Screen 2.1.3.11 English
Samsung - Motive-1-B239 3.1.5.69 English/Hindi
Samsung - Motive-2-B259 3.1.5.69 English/Hindi
Huawei - C506 2.1.2.5 English
Huawei - C5300 2.1.2.5 English
Huawei - C2285 2.1.2.5 English
Huawei - C2900 3.1.5.36 English/Hindi
Huawei - C2801 2.1.2.5 English/Hindi
Huawei - C5320 2.1.2.5 English
Huawei - C2905 3.1.5.36 English/Hindi
Huawei - C2802 2.1.2.5 English/Hindi
Huawei - C2900i 3.1.5.36 English/Hindi
Huawei - C2605 2.1.2.5 English/Hindi
Huawei - C2821 (+) 2.1.2.5 English/Hindi
Huawei - C2803 2.1.2.5 English/Hindi
Huawei - C2901 3.1.5.36 English/Hindi
Huawei - C5588 3.1.5.36 English/Hindi
Huawei - C5100 3.1.5.36 English/Hindi
Huawei - C2206 2.1.2.5 English/Hindi
Haier - C2000 3.1.5.41 English
Haier - C2010 3.1.5.41 English
Haier - C2020 3.1.5.41 English
Haier - C3000 3.1.5.41 English
Haier - C3010 3.1.5.41 English
Haier - C200 3.1.5 English/Hindi
Haier - C6000 3.1.5 English/Hindi
Haier - CG100 3.1.5.69 English
Nokia - 1325 3.1.5 English/Hindi
Nokia - 2505 3.1.5 English/Hindi
Nokia - 6088 2.1.2.5 English
ZTE - C170 2.0.2 English
ZTE - C332 3.1.5.36 English/Hindi
ZTE - C335 3.1.5.36 English/Hindi
ZTE - C336 3.1.5.36 English/Hindi
Spice - C810 3.1.5.69 English
Chiva - R150 2.1.3.11 English

Hi Brewin,
As like List of TATA Indicom Handset & their BREW version. Do you have such list for reliance? If yes, Can you please share with us?
Regards,
Nitin

Hi Brewin,
As like List of TATA Indicom Handset & their BREW version. Do you have such list for reliance? If yes, Can you please share with us?
Regards,
Nitin

Hi,
can someone aid me in finding out BREW devices using which I can develop a socket based application to send and recieve data ?
Do let me know the devices that are available in India with that support

Hi,
can someone aid me in finding out BREW devices using which I can develop a socket based application to send and recieve data ?
Do let me know the devices that are available in India with that support