Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

Anyone look at the new device data sheet for the C343. I was looking on the extranet to see if they updated the dds for the C343. They did, and the new sheet says that the C343 is a 2.0 brew device. My old sheet says it's a 1.1 device. Anyone know which one I should be developing for? I already have an app using the 1.1 sdk, but now I don't know what to do.

Also the new dds says the shared directory for wallpapers is user/shared, but it spits out all kinds of files, including the device icons.

Thanks
weespeed

Hi,
If you have developed your application for BREW 1.1 then it should work for all BREW versions coming after that. So it should work fine with BREW 2.0
Source:
http://brew.qualcomm.com/brew_bnry/pdf/brew_2003/WritingApplicationsUsin...
Regards,
Gaurang.

Hi,
If you have developed your application for BREW 1.1 then it should work for all BREW versions coming after that. So it should work fine with BREW 2.0
Source:
http://brew.qualcomm.com/brew_bnry/pdf/brew_2003/WritingApplicationsUsin...
Regards,
Gaurang.

Thanks for the reply.
But the problem I would run into is with the UI. I am using Istatic to print some text, and on a 1.1 device I can control the background color. On a 2.0 device you cannot change the background color in the Istatic box. So I would have to tweek the UI accordingly.
Also do you know anything about the shared directory on the C343? I can't seem to get an answer for this issue.
Thanks
weespeed

Thanks for the reply.
But the problem I would run into is with the UI. I am using Istatic to print some text, and on a 1.1 device I can control the background color. On a 2.0 device you cannot change the background color in the Istatic box. So I would have to tweek the UI accordingly.
Also do you know anything about the shared directory on the C343? I can't seem to get an answer for this issue.
Thanks
weespeed

Using IStatic is a very bad idea to begin with. It is THE simple-most buggy feature on many, many handsets and is beyond damage-control. If you do text output you better write your own UI implementation. Not only can you be sure it works then, if you implement it properly you can also be sure it's compatible with EVERY phone from Brew 1.1 to 3.0 and beyond...

Using IStatic is a very bad idea to begin with. It is THE simple-most buggy feature on many, many handsets and is beyond damage-control. If you do text output you better write your own UI implementation. Not only can you be sure it works then, if you implement it properly you can also be sure it's compatible with EVERY phone from Brew 1.1 to 3.0 and beyond...

Thanks for the reply Dragon.
I guess I may have to write my own text controls.
Does anyone have an answer for the shared directory question?
Thanks
weespeed

Thanks for the reply Dragon.
I guess I may have to write my own text controls.
Does anyone have an answer for the shared directory question?
Thanks
weespeed

so can anyone tell me what version of Brew used on the Motorola C343? thxs

so can anyone tell me what version of Brew used on the Motorola C343? thxs