Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

I have a custom device profile that was working on Toolset 7.6 Rev 0.0.1346462. Now, whenever I launch this particular device profile in the simulator from Toolset 7.8 Rev 0.1.1434704, the device skin loads fine but the actual display never comes up. It seems to still respond to key inputs so it's just the screen issue that is new. The log output window gives this message that was not there before:

Exception in FlashPlayerReady: The parameter value must be greater than zero.
Parameter name: pixelWidth

This happens when creating a device for any version platform. Targets that came with the Toolset run fine. What has changed that could be causing this problem and what should I do to resolve it?

Hi,
Can you please tell us what Brew MP Platform you used so that we can try and reproduce your issue?
Thanks,
Karina

Hi,
Can you please tell us what Brew MP Platform you used so that we can try and reproduce your issue?
Thanks,
Karina

Hi,
I have tried the following platforms all with the same result:
1.1.0.717 PRO

Hi,
I have tried the following platforms all with the same result:
1.1.0.717 PRO

Hi,
Thanks. What you are seeing may be the result of some AS library changes. Can you please try rebuilding your custom device profile with the new AS library that comes with Toolset 7.8 Rev 0.1.1434704? You will also need to make sure that when you call myProfile.AddFlexScreen(DeviceProfile.AEECLSID_DISPLAY1, _displayCanvas, _displayImage, true, 0);
that
_displayCanvas, _displayImage, are not null.
Thanks,
Karina

Hi,
Thanks. What you are seeing may be the result of some AS library changes. Can you please try rebuilding your custom device profile with the new AS library that comes with Toolset 7.8 Rev 0.1.1434704? You will also need to make sure that when you call myProfile.AddFlexScreen(DeviceProfile.AEECLSID_DISPLAY1, _displayCanvas, _displayImage, true, 0);
that
_displayCanvas, _displayImage, are not null.
Thanks,
Karina

Hi Karina,
Thanks for your very quick replies. I double checked and _displayCanvas and _displayImage are not null. How would I go about rebuilding the device profile with the new AS library? I'm probably thinking of the completely wrong thing but do you just mean rebuild it from the Target Manager using the new Toolset? If so, I tried that already and it didn't help.
Thanks!

Hi Karina,
Thanks for your very quick replies. I double checked and _displayCanvas and _displayImage are not null. How would I go about rebuilding the device profile with the new AS library? I'm probably thinking of the completely wrong thing but do you just mean rebuild it from the Target Manager using the new Toolset? If so, I tried that already and it didn't help.
Thanks!

Hi,
A couple of things:
1. Make sure that your swf project contains a reference to BrewMPDeviceSkinUtilities4.0.0.swc under Referenced Libraries and that it points to: \bin\BrewMPDeviceSkinUtilities4.0.0.swc.
2. Height and width definitions should look something like this
height="1024"
preloaderChromeColor="#FFFFFF"
width="1414"
applicationComplete="applicationCompleteHandler(event)">
private var myNativeHeight:Number = 1024; // todo: change to swf height
private var myNativeWidth:Number = 1414; //todo: change to swf width
& &..
myProfile = new DeviceProfile(this, myNativeWidth, myNativeHeight);
Also the _displayCanvas must have the height and width of the actual screen height and width, e.g. for QVGA: height=320, width=240, VGA: height=640, width=480 etc.
Please let me know if this resolves your issue. If not, can you tell me the version of the Platform you used to create the profile with initially?
Thanks,
Karina

Hi,
A couple of things:
1. Make sure that your swf project contains a reference to BrewMPDeviceSkinUtilities4.0.0.swc under Referenced Libraries and that it points to: \bin\BrewMPDeviceSkinUtilities4.0.0.swc.
2. Height and width definitions should look something like this
height="1024"
preloaderChromeColor="#FFFFFF"
width="1414"
applicationComplete="applicationCompleteHandler(event)">
private var myNativeHeight:Number = 1024; // todo: change to swf height
private var myNativeWidth:Number = 1414; //todo: change to swf width
& &..
myProfile = new DeviceProfile(this, myNativeWidth, myNativeHeight);
Also the _displayCanvas must have the height and width of the actual screen height and width, e.g. for QVGA: height=320, width=240, VGA: height=640, width=480 etc.
Please let me know if this resolves your issue. If not, can you tell me the version of the Platform you used to create the profile with initially?
Thanks,
Karina

Hi Karina,
I went through your instructions and mostly everything was already correct. The one thing I was missing was:
import com.qualcomm.brewmp.DeviceEvent;
However, if I add it, I get the error:
1172: Definition com.qualcomm.brewmp:DeviceEvent could not be found.
The original device profile was created with Platform 1.1.0.636 Pro but I also tried with Platform 1.1.0.717 Pro with the same result.

Hi Karina,
I went through your instructions and mostly everything was already correct. The one thing I was missing was:
import com.qualcomm.brewmp.DeviceEvent;
However, if I add it, I get the error:
1172: Definition com.qualcomm.brewmp:DeviceEvent could not be found.
The original device profile was created with Platform 1.1.0.636 Pro but I also tried with Platform 1.1.0.717 Pro with the same result.

Hi,
You don't need that line, please comment it out and try again.
Thanks,
Karina

Hi,
You don't need that line, please comment it out and try again.
Thanks,
Karina

Hi Karina,
I tried that and it didn't work. Originally I had BrewMPDeviceSkinUtilities4.0.0.swc referenced from the path:
Platforms\1.1.0.717 Pro\sck\profiles\lib\
I went ahead and changed it to:
Toolset 7.6 Rev 0.0.1346462\bin
This didn't change anything. I'm still getting that original error message in the simulator.

Hi Karina,
I tried that and it didn't work. Originally I had BrewMPDeviceSkinUtilities4.0.0.swc referenced from the path:
Platforms\1.1.0.717 Pro\sck\profiles\lib\
I went ahead and changed it to:
Toolset 7.6 Rev 0.0.1346462\bin
This didn't change anything. I'm still getting that original error message in the simulator.

Can you try pointing it to the file in Toolset 7.8 Rev 0.1.1434704's bin folder?
Thanks,
Karina

Can you try pointing it to the file in Toolset 7.8 Rev 0.1.1434704's bin folder?
Thanks,
Karina

Hi Karina,
I'm sorry, that was a typo on my part. I have it pointed to Toolset 7.8 Rev 0.1.1434704\bin and not Toolset 7.6. It still gives me the same result.
Thanks.

Hi Karina,
I'm sorry, that was a typo on my part. I have it pointed to Toolset 7.8 Rev 0.1.1434704\bin and not Toolset 7.6. It still gives me the same result.
Thanks.

Hi,
Use

Thanks,
Karina

Hi,
Use

Thanks,
Karina