Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

Hi,

I'm currently working on a port to the Motorola E815. A bug was found where if the phone's ringer is set to silent mode and a call is received during sound playback (in my case it is the opening theme of the game) and it is accepted, the sound continues to play and the user and the caller will not hear anything from one another.

I'm thinking this is a device issue, but since there aren't any Known Issues for the device yet, I was wondering if anyone else had encountered a similar problem.

Thanks,

Marllo

After further investigation of this problem, it would seem to be a device issue. When an interrupt is received while a sound is playing in my app, IMEDIA_Pause is called. But when the ringer is set to Silent, there is no callback that confirms that the soundplayer has actually been paused. I also tried calling IMEDIA_Stop instead, but it didn't help. So it would seem that the soundplayer ignores these calls when the ringer is in silent mode. The only way to establish a connection with the caller is to wait for the sound to finish playing, then the connection is made.
Marllo

After further investigation of this problem, it would seem to be a device issue. When an interrupt is received while a sound is playing in my app, IMEDIA_Pause is called. But when the ringer is set to Silent, there is no callback that confirms that the soundplayer has actually been paused. I also tried calling IMEDIA_Stop instead, but it didn't help. So it would seem that the soundplayer ignores these calls when the ringer is in silent mode. The only way to establish a connection with the caller is to wait for the sound to finish playing, then the connection is made.
Marllo

i see the same thing with it, we ended up just disabling music on that phone.

i see the same thing with it, we ended up just disabling music on that phone.

If we leave sounds in a game for the E815 and this issue occurs will NSTL fail the application even though this is clearly a TP issue??
Could someone from Qualcomm please confirm??

If we leave sounds in a game for the E815 and this issue occurs will NSTL fail the application even though this is clearly a TP issue??
Could someone from Qualcomm please confirm??

Hi,
I am also facing the same problem.
But I do not have the device with.
Please tell me is this mean that the Motorola E815 do not give EVT_APP_SUSPEND,
if the phone's ringer is set to silent mode and a call is received during sound playback and it is accepted.

Hi,
I am also facing the same problem.
But I do not have the device with.
Please tell me is this mean that the Motorola E815 do not give EVT_APP_SUSPEND,
if the phone's ringer is set to silent mode and a call is received during sound playback and it is accepted.

i have found that we does receive EVT_APP_SUSPEND, I have release the sound player & also tried ISOUNDPLAYER_SetInfo(m_pISoundPlayer, NULL);
Still the issue is present.
Please, tell me any body from NSTL will my game fail with this issue.

i have found that we does receive EVT_APP_SUSPEND, I have release the sound player & also tried ISOUNDPLAYER_SetInfo(m_pISoundPlayer, NULL);
Still the issue is present.
Please, tell me any body from NSTL will my game fail with this issue.

We had the same experience as well. We even tried using IMedia instead of ISoundPlayer and still no luck. To be on the safe side, we disabled the sound for this troublesome handset since the known issues for E815 is empty...
BREW Support: Is there any way to verify this error as a known issue? There are several developers post the same errors (in other thread too).

We had the same experience as well. We even tried using IMedia instead of ISoundPlayer and still no luck. To be on the safe side, we disabled the sound for this troublesome handset since the known issues for E815 is empty...
BREW Support: Is there any way to verify this error as a known issue? There are several developers post the same errors (in other thread too).

Looks like the known issues link is broken. Should be fixed soon...

Looks like the known issues link is broken. Should be fixed soon...

I think there is a same problem for Samsung SCH-A570. Did anybody else experience this?
Thanks.

I think there is a same problem for Samsung SCH-A570. Did anybody else experience this?
Thanks.

Is there any workaround for this issue?

Is there any workaround for this issue?

Hmmm the link to the "Known Issues" is blank... We are still waiting to resolve the issue...
Thanks.

Hmmm the link to the "Known Issues" is blank... We are still waiting to resolve the issue...
Thanks.

Still waiting...

Still waiting...

Still waiting............... & waiting.........................

Still waiting............... & waiting.........................

Known issues are up now, sorry for the delay

Known issues are up now, sorry for the delay

Thanks for the update Jonathan. But, the error that mangelillo talked about is the main issue here. So is that error considered as "handset issue" or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks again!

Thanks for the update Jonathan. But, the error that mangelillo talked about is the main issue here. So is that error considered as "handset issue" or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks again!

It appears the link is not completely fixed :( I'll look into it...
Sorry for not answering directly, but I can't comment on device issues on a public forum.

It appears the link is not completely fixed :( I'll look into it...
Sorry for not answering directly, but I can't comment on device issues on a public forum.

Will this problem be added to the device issue list? or is there a workaround. If there is one please tell us ;o)

Will this problem be added to the device issue list? or is there a workaround. If there is one please tell us ;o)

Looks like BREW support team is supporting the device manufacturer rather than supporting brew developer.
Hey................. can you respond to this thread quickly...

Looks like BREW support team is supporting the device manufacturer rather than supporting brew developer.
Hey................. can you respond to this thread quickly...

since i dont work for qualcomm , this is an educated guess,
this is a public forum, so anyone can read it, including prospective phone buyers,
that don't have the moxy to figure out whats good and whats bad from a technical post, or an irate developer, so no doubt phone oems would frown on qualcomm saying something was wrong with a particular device. it may have happened in the past, but since the known issues used to be public and then were moved, i'd imagine a policy change is in effect.
i'd say brew team were supportive, you were given the answer, ask on the private email instead,.

since i dont work for qualcomm , this is an educated guess,
this is a public forum, so anyone can read it, including prospective phone buyers,
that don't have the moxy to figure out whats good and whats bad from a technical post, or an irate developer, so no doubt phone oems would frown on qualcomm saying something was wrong with a particular device. it may have happened in the past, but since the known issues used to be public and then were moved, i'd imagine a policy change is in effect.
i'd say brew team were supportive, you were given the answer, ask on the private email instead,.

Please some body form BREW technical team replay about this issue as I have this device in the TBT testing. As this is a device issue it must be mentioned the device known issues.

Please some body form BREW technical team replay about this issue as I have this device in the TBT testing. As this is a device issue it must be mentioned the device known issues.

Please some body form BREW technical team replay about this issue as I have this device in the TBT testing.
As this is a device issue it must be mentioned the device known issues.

Please some body form BREW technical team replay about this issue as I have this device in the TBT testing.
As this is a device issue it must be mentioned the device known issues.

I am also having trouble with the same bug on the same device. I can't get my build passed unless this bug is added to the known issues list, or a workaround is discovered.
On that note, if any one has found a way to fix the bug, I'd be grateful to hear it.

I am also having trouble with the same bug on the same device. I can't get my build passed unless this bug is added to the known issues list, or a workaround is discovered.
On that note, if any one has found a way to fix the bug, I'd be grateful to hear it.