Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

Hi
We submitted our application to NSTL and it failed for the following reasons:

Error #2: While the application does appear in BREW application manager, but it does not listed under the manage application option. The application has to be removed manually using BREW loader. (Test Case 5.3.2.1)

Error #4: After remove and re-download the application, the application doesn't appear under the manage applications option. Therefore, the application cannot be disabled and server-initiated recall on the application fails to remove it. However, the application is still able to start after re-downloaded. (Test Case 5.3.1.1, 5.3.2.3)

Earlier we had an issue with LGE VX6000 and CDM8600 devices when cable loaded applications do not show in BREW Manage Apps screen and we wrote to BREW Support and the result was: “Qualcomm Brew Support acknoledged this as an issue with both the VX6000 and CDM8600, and said it will not effect our NSTL test results”

We made tests with different applications and it turns out that this problem exists with all BREW 2.0 devices that we have (LG VX6000, CDM 6800, several Kyocera's). Also, we tried to install the very simple application “Hello World” from examples that come with BREW SDK and this problem exists with this application too.

I’m not sure if NSTL meant “cable loading” of our application, probably they downloaded our application using their test Mobile Shop.

The main question is: What should we do to ensure that our application registers and unregisters correctly when downloaded from Mobile Shop?

We thought that this application management is completely handled by BREW environment. But, probably, there is some support from application required? What are the “Do’s and Don’ts” when writing an application that will register and unregister correctly? Is this a BREW problem or is this an application problem?

P.S.
We use BREW SDK 1.1 for this application, therefore we use aeeappgen.c/.h and appmodgen.c/.h from SDK 1.1. I compared those files from SDK 1.1 and SDK 2.0 and there are some differences. So, the question is: Is it obligatory to build application with those files from the same SDK version that phone uses or is it aceptably to use SDK 1.1 to build applications for 2.0 devices?

If you go in the apploader and check your mif file, is the date on it correct?
I am having an issue with the vx6000 where the app does not show up in the Get It Now options as well. I am using a 2.0 mif, which fom my understanding you have to use for your app to show up on the device. But the date on my mif file is 1/5/80. I've tried everything, and nothing works. The vx6000 has no way of settting the date either, it gets it form the CDMA network.
I think that this is the problem and there seems to be no solution. I think it has to do with a security issue with the Ilicense interface. If you find out a solution to this problem let me know, I want to send our app out to NSTL, but if they failed you for that reason, then they will fail us as well.

If you go in the apploader and check your mif file, is the date on it correct?
I am having an issue with the vx6000 where the app does not show up in the Get It Now options as well. I am using a 2.0 mif, which fom my understanding you have to use for your app to show up on the device. But the date on my mif file is 1/5/80. I've tried everything, and nothing works. The vx6000 has no way of settting the date either, it gets it form the CDMA network.
I think that this is the problem and there seems to be no solution. I think it has to do with a security issue with the Ilicense interface. If you find out a solution to this problem let me know, I want to send our app out to NSTL, but if they failed you for that reason, then they will fail us as well.

You'll generally find that your cable-loaded apps won't show up on the manage applications menu, and this is not a problem for True BREW Testing. If you absolutely must see your application in the manage applications menu for whatever reason, try renaming it to follow the scheme used by BREW for OTA downloads (i.e. rename app to 1234 or something similar). Be sure to rename your application before submitting.

You'll generally find that your cable-loaded apps won't show up on the manage applications menu, and this is not a problem for True BREW Testing. If you absolutely must see your application in the manage applications menu for whatever reason, try renaming it to follow the scheme used by BREW for OTA downloads (i.e. rename app to 1234 or something similar). Be sure to rename your application before submitting.

Having just tried this renaming the MIF file and folder name to 1234 (i.e., 1234.mif and 1234) and leaving the rest of the files alone allowed me to see my app in the Manage Apps menu.
Thank you! :)

Having just tried this renaming the MIF file and folder name to 1234 (i.e., 1234.mif and 1234) and leaving the rest of the files alone allowed me to see my app in the Manage Apps menu.
Thank you! :)