Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

Hi All,

Has anyone played around with the ICamera interface on the VX 8000 yet ?...

I have the VX 8000 that is test bit enabled and my carrier is Verizon (US). When I try to create an instance of the ICamera interface I get a return value of EPRIVLEVEL .

This is the line of code that I am using to initialise the Camera

val = ISHELL_CreateInstance(pMe->pIShell, AEECLSID_CAMERA, (void **) &pMe->m_pICamera);

Here I get Val = EPRIVLEVEL

I already have these priveleges requested in my MIF file

- FILE
- NETWORK
- TAPI.

The same application works well on a test enabled moto V265 with these very same priveleges.

Do I need to send the phone out to QIS again ?

Thanks in advance
R@I

Try setting a dependency in your MIF on the ClassID of ICamera. This should resolve the problem.

Try setting a dependency in your MIF on the ClassID of ICamera. This should resolve the problem.

hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I have been through the documentation for adding dependencies in MIF files that came along with the SDK (2.1) and it mentions that there should be a directory in the Bin folder of the SDK called Extensions that contains all the bid files for the extensions.
I can't seem to locate the Extensions directory. The only extension I have been able to locate on my system is in the BREW/inc/ folder and is ADDRBOOK_RUIM.
Needless to say this is the first time I am setting the dependency , so is there something I am missing here ... How would I go about setting the dependency to AEECLSID_CAMERA
Appreciate your help
R@I

hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I have been through the documentation for adding dependencies in MIF files that came along with the SDK (2.1) and it mentions that there should be a directory in the Bin folder of the SDK called Extensions that contains all the bid files for the extensions.
I can't seem to locate the Extensions directory. The only extension I have been able to locate on my system is in the BREW/inc/ folder and is ADDRBOOK_RUIM.
Needless to say this is the first time I am setting the dependency , so is there something I am missing here ... How would I go about setting the dependency to AEECLSID_CAMERA
Appreciate your help
R@I

You can do this easily by simply creating your own BID file containing the definition of AEECLSID_CAMERA. It should have the same form as the BID file for your own application.

You can do this easily by simply creating your own BID file containing the definition of AEECLSID_CAMERA. It should have the same form as the BID file for your own application.

Thanks ..will try and post the results here .

Thanks ..will try and post the results here .

It worked .. :D
This is my camera.bid file
#ifndef CAMERA_BID
#define CAMERA_BID
#define AEECLSID_CAMERA 0x01002013
#endif //CAMERA_BID
Thanks nparrish.

It worked .. :D
This is my camera.bid file
#ifndef CAMERA_BID
#define CAMERA_BID
#define AEECLSID_CAMERA 0x01002013
#endif //CAMERA_BID
Thanks nparrish.

Hello. I have a couple of questions about this:
1) What happened to folder that they take about in MIF Guide? It seems like this is how we set up dependencies but this folder doesn't exist.
2) AEECLSID_CAMERA is defined in aeeclassids.h so I am not understanding what we are doing by "redefining" it in the bid file.
I would really appreciate it if someone would explain this to me. Thank you.
Satish :confused:

Hello. I have a couple of questions about this:
1) What happened to folder that they take about in MIF Guide? It seems like this is how we set up dependencies but this folder doesn't exist.
2) AEECLSID_CAMERA is defined in aeeclassids.h so I am not understanding what we are doing by "redefining" it in the bid file.
I would really appreciate it if someone would explain this to me. Thank you.
Satish :confused:

Hi,
The MIF editor Dependencies tab will enumerate ClassIDs from any BID file present in the directory you point it to. If you would like to put these BID files in the BREW\Bin\Extensions\ directory, just go ahead and create it yourself.
You need to redefine AEECLSID_CAMERA in a BID file because the MIF editor will not enumerate it from the .h file, and you can not manually enter classIDs on the Dependencies tab.

Hi,
The MIF editor Dependencies tab will enumerate ClassIDs from any BID file present in the directory you point it to. If you would like to put these BID files in the BREW\Bin\Extensions\ directory, just go ahead and create it yourself.
You need to redefine AEECLSID_CAMERA in a BID file because the MIF editor will not enumerate it from the .h file, and you can not manually enter classIDs on the Dependencies tab.