Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

Dear all,

Does anyone know what may cause a return code of 528 (which seems to be an invalid error code according to documentation) from using ISOCKET_GetPeerName(), and what may this error code mean?

Thanks,
Wallace

#define AEE_NET_EOPNOTSUPP (NET_ERROR_BASE+10) // Operation not supported
Can you give more details as to what it is you are doing? Have you previously communicated on the socket?

#define AEE_NET_EOPNOTSUPP (NET_ERROR_BASE+10) // Operation not supported
Can you give more details as to what it is you are doing? Have you previously communicated on the socket?

Dear all,
Thanks for your reply Kevin.
What I am trying to do is to modify my code slightly to do the following. I originally have the same application running on two machines (with different known static IP addresses and a common port number say 5000) carrying a duplex traffic. Now I would like to change the code on one machine such that the destination is not specified statically on this machine, but rather have it discovering, using ISOCKET_GetPeerName() as specified, the destination IP address and port based on packets received from the destination. I am pretty sure that the connection establishment is successful based on data packets successfully received from the destination.
Is this operation supported? If not supported, is there a workaround for this? If supported, why is this happening? I thought that ISOCKET_GetPeerName() can retrieve the IP address and port information of the most recent peer connection activity.
Best regards,
Wallace

Dear all,
Thanks for your reply Kevin.
What I am trying to do is to modify my code slightly to do the following. I originally have the same application running on two machines (with different known static IP addresses and a common port number say 5000) carrying a duplex traffic. Now I would like to change the code on one machine such that the destination is not specified statically on this machine, but rather have it discovering, using ISOCKET_GetPeerName() as specified, the destination IP address and port based on packets received from the destination. I am pretty sure that the connection establishment is successful based on data packets successfully received from the destination.
Is this operation supported? If not supported, is there a workaround for this? If supported, why is this happening? I thought that ISOCKET_GetPeerName() can retrieve the IP address and port information of the most recent peer connection activity.
Best regards,
Wallace

Dear all,
Is ISOCKET_GetPeerName() supported in BREW emulator or actual phone? If so, under what conditions will it be supported? I tried using it with the BREW emulator, but no luck.
Thanks,
Wallace

Dear all,
Is ISOCKET_GetPeerName() supported in BREW emulator or actual phone? If so, under what conditions will it be supported? I tried using it with the BREW emulator, but no luck.
Thanks,
Wallace

Are you using TCP or UDP? If you are using UDP you will get AEE_NET_EOPNOTSUPP.
Also try looking at the example in the INetSocketUsage.c file

Are you using TCP or UDP? If you are using UDP you will get AEE_NET_EOPNOTSUPP.
Also try looking at the example in the INetSocketUsage.c file

Dear Kevin,
Are you saying that ISOCKET_GetPeerName() is not supported for UDP sender but only TCP sender instead? I have not noticed this being documented for BREW 1.1.
If this is not supported for UDP sender, is there a workaround for doing this based on a received packet from the UDP sender?
Thanks,
Wallace

Dear Kevin,
Are you saying that ISOCKET_GetPeerName() is not supported for UDP sender but only TCP sender instead? I have not noticed this being documented for BREW 1.1.
If this is not supported for UDP sender, is there a workaround for doing this based on a received packet from the UDP sender?
Thanks,
Wallace