Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

Hello,

I have a problem with playing midi sound files on Nokia 6585. I have an application that runs well on several other handsets. But after I ported the application on this handset, I can't hear any sound. Could anyone please tell me why and how to solve this problem?
Thanks a lot!

According to tandal advice searching the forums would help..........
http://brewforums.qualcomm.com/search.php?searchid=24024
and also check the DDS.

According to tandal advice searching the forums would help..........
http://brewforums.qualcomm.com/search.php?searchid=24024
and also check the DDS.

Were you able to solve the Nokia sound problem?
xgogo

Were you able to solve the Nokia sound problem?
xgogo

According to my research the Nokias have a serious ISoundplayer flaw and I have made the Nokia people aware of that. The problem is that even though MIDI tracks have not yet reached the end they continually fire off AEE_SOUNDPLAYER_DONE events indicating the track has completed - which is, of course, wrong.
In my code this causes problems because I am then stopping sound and setting up a short timer to restart it if need be. That, of course completely screws up the phone. Therefore I dropped audio altogether from my Nokia versions.

According to my research the Nokias have a serious ISoundplayer flaw and I have made the Nokia people aware of that. The problem is that even though MIDI tracks have not yet reached the end they continually fire off AEE_SOUNDPLAYER_DONE events indicating the track has completed - which is, of course, wrong.
In my code this causes problems because I am then stopping sound and setting up a short timer to restart it if need be. That, of course completely screws up the phone. Therefore I dropped audio altogether from my Nokia versions.

Thanks, that helps. I am working on hte Nokia 3589i. It has the same problem.
xgogo

Thanks, that helps. I am working on hte Nokia 3589i. It has the same problem.
xgogo

Hello
If the midi files are in BAR and you are using ISOUNDPLAYER_SetInfo() that doesn't work on Nokia6585 and Nokia3589.
The solution for this is extract midi files from BAR at runtime and use ISOUNDPLAYER_Set instead of ISOUNDPLAYER_SetInfo(). Use SDT_FILE for AEESoundPlayerInput and then play the sound.
Because you are creating files at runtime handle MAX_FILE_COUNT issue properly. Also you should delete all the created files while exiting your application.
Regards
Atul

Hello
If the midi files are in BAR and you are using ISOUNDPLAYER_SetInfo() that doesn't work on Nokia6585 and Nokia3589.
The solution for this is extract midi files from BAR at runtime and use ISOUNDPLAYER_Set instead of ISOUNDPLAYER_SetInfo(). Use SDT_FILE for AEESoundPlayerInput and then play the sound.
Because you are creating files at runtime handle MAX_FILE_COUNT issue properly. Also you should delete all the created files while exiting your application.
Regards
Atul