Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

Hi,
I am creating Itextctl using IShell_Create interface when iam calling this its giving Bpoint 3 and if i am performing any operation on Itextctl then also its giving Bpoint 3 but it is working on emulator and my Huwei5589 and its crashing on Moto V3c.Did anybody face this type of problem? Can somebody help me on this?

Regards,
Vijay

Text control 2 is introduced in BREW 3.1.3. It maintains backward binary compatibility applets compiled using Text control 1. If an applet is compiled against a BREW version including and above 3.1.3, the newer text control will be picked up. The older behavior is now described by AEECLSID_TEXTCTL_10 if you wish to keep the older text control. Use AEECLSID_TEXTCTL.
BPOINT Type 3: These messages indicate heap corruption, of which I'll say more in a moment. Memory got corrupted before createinstance, please debug.
More info on BPOINT:
http://brewforums.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=20887&highlight=BPOINT

Text control 2 is introduced in BREW 3.1.3. It maintains backward binary compatibility applets compiled using Text control 1. If an applet is compiled against a BREW version including and above 3.1.3, the newer text control will be picked up. The older behavior is now described by AEECLSID_TEXTCTL_10 if you wish to keep the older text control. Use AEECLSID_TEXTCTL.
BPOINT Type 3: These messages indicate heap corruption, of which I'll say more in a moment. Memory got corrupted before createinstance, please debug.
More info on BPOINT:
http://brewforums.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=20887&highlight=BPOINT

Hi Atul,
thanks for reply.I tried with both AEECLSID_TEXTCTL and AEECLSID_TEXTCTL_10.
I am creating like this
ITextCtl* pTextControl = NULL;
val = ISHELL_CreateInstance(pMe->a.m_pIShell,AEECLSID_TEXTCTL,(void**)(&pTextControl));
when appliaction executes ISHELL_CreateInstance it reurns BPoint3.I think there is some problem inside the interface itself.
Regards,
Vijay

Hi Atul,
thanks for reply.I tried with both AEECLSID_TEXTCTL and AEECLSID_TEXTCTL_10.
I am creating like this
ITextCtl* pTextControl = NULL;
val = ISHELL_CreateInstance(pMe->a.m_pIShell,AEECLSID_TEXTCTL,(void**)(&pTextControl));
when appliaction executes ISHELL_CreateInstance it reurns BPoint3.I think there is some problem inside the interface itself.
Regards,
Vijay

Moto V3C is Brew 3.1.2 handset, I guess. Please check & try to use AEECLSID_TEXTCTL_10.

Moto V3C is Brew 3.1.2 handset, I guess. Please check & try to use AEECLSID_TEXTCTL_10.

Thanks atul,
but why its giving Bpoint type3 on emulator.
Regards,
Vijay

Thanks atul,
but why its giving Bpoint type3 on emulator.
Regards,
Vijay

Some memory corruption.
This document is a good one related to debugging of BREw apps, one section dealing with memory leak messages (Different BPOINT message types).
PROG-805- BREW Application Debugging for Developers and OEMs
http://brew.qualcomm.com/brew_bnry/pdf/brew_2007/Prog-805_Fryckman_v01.pdf

Some memory corruption.
This document is a good one related to debugging of BREw apps, one section dealing with memory leak messages (Different BPOINT message types).
PROG-805- BREW Application Debugging for Developers and OEMs
http://brew.qualcomm.com/brew_bnry/pdf/brew_2007/Prog-805_Fryckman_v01.pdf

Hi Atul i am not able to open the link getting 404 file not found error can u send me again?
Regards,
Vijay

Hi Atul i am not able to open the link getting 404 file not found error can u send me again?
Regards,
Vijay

vijay_vrc wrote:Hi,
I am creating Itextctl using IShell_Create interface when iam calling this its giving Bpoint 3 and if i am performing any operation on Itextctl then also its giving Bpoint 3 but it is working on emulator and my Huwei5589 and its crashing on Moto V3c.Did anybody face this type of problem? Can somebody help me on this?
Regards,
Vijay
Hi Vijay
Till now wat I have seen in Text control interface is - when u r working on the simulator when ever u create the instance and show the text control on the screen u will get a BPOINT TYPE 3 on any simulator.
But on the device there won't be any problems, so u don't need to worry abt that the BPOINTS in simulator.
Regards,
Akshay

vijay_vrc wrote:Hi,
Regards,
Vijay
Hi Vijay
Till now wat I have seen in Text control interface is - when u r working on the simulator when ever u create the instance and show the text control on the screen u will get a BPOINT TYPE 3 on any simulator.
But on the device there won't be any problems, so u don't need to worry abt that the BPOINTS in simulator.
Regards,
Akshay

Thanks atul its working..
Regards
vijay

Thanks atul its working..
Regards
vijay