Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

I recently started getting an AEE_NET_ENETDOWN error in response to my initial data request. (My app gets autolaunched via .mif at startup). I've only seen this on a couple of sims that are away from thier home network. (VF-UK Sim on US TMO network, and US-TMO Sim on Canada Rogers network. I made several changes recently, but I haven't been able to pinpoint which one, if any, causes this error. None of my changes look related to networking.

so what does code 534 mean? I see this thread (https://developer.brewmp.com/forum/534-error-code-means) which suggests it's due to improper provisioning. But before I updated my app, the data networking seemed to work fine. What could my app be doing to temporarily break device provisioning?

When I revert to my earlier software version, all seems to start working as expected again.

(the device being tested is HTC Smart, BrewMP 1.0.2)

thanks.

-steve

I see this error when the app is autolaunched after handset reboot - my conclusion is the error code is because the OS is launching your app before the networking systems are ready.
My solution has been to wait several seconds and try again.

I've also noticed some devices might give AEE_NET_BADDOMAIN in the same situation, again waiting several seconds and trying again seems to be the solution.

I see this error when the app is autolaunched after handset reboot - my conclusion is the error code is because the OS is launching your app before the networking systems are ready.
My solution has been to wait several seconds and try again.

I've also noticed some devices might give AEE_NET_BADDOMAIN in the same situation, again waiting several seconds and trying again seems to be the solution.

Thanks for the response.
After the initial failure, my software falls into a retry loop with ever increasing intervals (seconds, minutes, hours, days). It seems that if I get that 534, I'll always get it no matter how long I wait before the retry. (I don't find any mechanism short of reboot for resetting IWeb or networking). I also tried inserting various delays at startup before I attempt any networking. Didn't make any difference in the outcome.
Any other ideas?

-steve

Thanks for the response.
After the initial failure, my software falls into a retry loop with ever increasing intervals (seconds, minutes, hours, days). It seems that if I get that 534, I'll always get it no matter how long I wait before the retry. (I don't find any mechanism short of reboot for resetting IWeb or networking). I also tried inserting various delays at startup before I attempt any networking. Didn't make any difference in the outcome.
Any other ideas?

-steve

HTC Smart is a UMTS device. u need to have a valid APN for making data connections.
First check if you can make data connections using the default Browser on the device.
check if this thread is helpfull:-
https://developer.brewmp.com/forum/data-callapndata-connection-profiles-...

HTC Smart is a UMTS device. u need to have a valid APN for making data connections.
First check if you can make data connections using the default Browser on the device.
check if this thread is helpfull:-
https://developer.brewmp.com/forum/data-callapndata-connection-profiles-...

for the record, that was the problem. The code was attempting to select an alternate apn, and the selection was invalid.

...which leads to my next question:
if I have a PD Profile name, I can use INetUtils_GetPDPInfo() to find the associated PDP number (and this number is what's used to select a non default network during iweb transactions). Does brewMp 1.0.2 or newer provide any way to retrieve the apn (e.g., 'wap.voicestream.com') associated with that number?

for the record, that was the problem. The code was attempting to select an alternate apn, and the selection was invalid.

...which leads to my next question:
if I have a PD Profile name, I can use INetUtils_GetPDPInfo() to find the associated PDP number (and this number is what's used to select a non default network during iweb transactions). Does brewMp 1.0.2 or newer provide any way to retrieve the apn (e.g., 'wap.voicestream.com') associated with that number?

when u get PDP info using: INetUtils_GetPDPInfo()  using profileID, you get a AEEPDPInfo.

it contains the name of that profile.
typedef struct AEEPDPInfo
   {
      boolean bValid;
      AECHAR  szName[PDP_INFO_NAME_SIZE+1];
   } AEEPDPInfo;

when u get PDP info using: INetUtils_GetPDPInfo()  using profileID, you get a AEEPDPInfo.

it contains the name of that profile.
typedef struct AEEPDPInfo
   {
      boolean bValid;
      AECHAR  szName[PDP_INFO_NAME_SIZE+1];
   } AEEPDPInfo;