Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

Hello all,

I have a wierd problem :confused: . We have an application already sent to NSTL for RAZR which has JPEG splashscreen and background. I put the same application on Motorola E815 and the JPEG images [splashscreen and background] are not showing. I have checked in the data sheet that this phone supports JPEG image :rolleyes: . Then Why dont I able to see that? Does anybody have any solution to this?

PS: I have tested the same app in LG VX8000 and VX81000 and it works fine. Basically I have to put this app in some phones which support EVDO.

PLZ help me and thanks in advance.

We have experienced the same result, only downloading JPGs to display. In general we have found the Motorola JPG decoder quite problematic. We finally decided to switch to PNGs due to issues during decoding etc. Our experience was a complete failure on the E815 when it comes to JPGs. I would suggest switching formats. As you mentioned, our application works fine on the Razr, with JPG or PNGs.
Good luck

We have experienced the same result, only downloading JPGs to display. In general we have found the Motorola JPG decoder quite problematic. We finally decided to switch to PNGs due to issues during decoding etc. Our experience was a complete failure on the E815 when it comes to JPGs. I would suggest switching formats. As you mentioned, our application works fine on the Razr, with JPG or PNGs.
Good luck

ZeroCool wrote:We have experienced the same result, only downloading JPGs to display. In general we have found the Motorola JPG decoder quite problematic. We finally decided to switch to PNGs due to issues during decoding etc. Our experience was a complete failure on the E815 when it comes to JPGs. I would suggest switching formats. As you mentioned, our application works fine on the Razr, with JPG or PNGs.
Good luck
Hey there,
Thanks for your reply. I have searched in the forum and also in Howardforums/motorola for this issue. No luck so far. But I have another confusion. Do you have similar experience with any .jpg format in E815? The reason I am asking is that, if it is a firmware issue probably it would effect our decision to port our app into E815.
Thanks .

ZeroCool wrote:We have experienced the same result, only downloading JPGs to display. In general we have found the Motorola JPG decoder quite problematic. We finally decided to switch to PNGs due to issues during decoding etc. Our experience was a complete failure on the E815 when it comes to JPGs. I would suggest switching formats. As you mentioned, our application works fine on the Razr, with JPG or PNGs.
Good luck
Hey there,
Thanks for your reply. I have searched in the forum and also in Howardforums/motorola for this issue. No luck so far. But I have another confusion. Do you have similar experience with any .jpg format in E815? The reason I am asking is that, if it is a firmware issue probably it would effect our decision to port our app into E815.
Thanks .

farhana wrote:Hey there,
Thanks .
Why? Just code your own jpeg decoder or
use the public extension.

farhana wrote:Hey there,
Thanks .
Why? Just code your own jpeg decoder or
use the public extension.