Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Hi all,

I've been trying to delete some files via BREW apploader and EFS explorer, yet for some reason it doesn't work. I was wondering if anyone else has had these issues and whether anyone has found a workaround.

Thanks,
Jon

Hi jherriott..
If you want to delete a BREW application
First delete the application folder and then delete the .mif file.
If u try to delete the .mif file first without deleting the app folder, it will not be deleted.
Check whether no application is running on the phone.
If still facing the problem, then reset the handset and give one more try.

Hi jherriott..
If you want to delete a BREW application
First delete the application folder and then delete the .mif file.
If u try to delete the .mif file first without deleting the app folder, it will not be deleted.
Check whether no application is running on the phone.
If still facing the problem, then reset the handset and give one more try.

Are you connecting to it with the correct version number in AppLoader? As I think its a Brew 3.x handset and you must connect with the 3.x setting if you wish to do anything.

Are you connecting to it with the correct version number in AppLoader? As I think its a Brew 3.x handset and you must connect with the 3.x setting if you wish to do anything.

Yeah, I've been connecting with brew 3.x with apploader.
The reason I am asking is that I accidentally copied a sig to the directory without renaming it first, and when I went to delete it, it wouldn't delete. I get an EFS2 error.
I thought this was no big deal, but when I went and copied the correct sig to the directory, the app won't start. If I try and delete anything whatsoever (including the app directory), it will not work.
I've also tried using EFS explorer, and it also cannot delete anything.

Yeah, I've been connecting with brew 3.x with apploader.
The reason I am asking is that I accidentally copied a sig to the directory without renaming it first, and when I went to delete it, it wouldn't delete. I get an EFS2 error.
I thought this was no big deal, but when I went and copied the correct sig to the directory, the app won't start. If I try and delete anything whatsoever (including the app directory), it will not work.
I've also tried using EFS explorer, and it also cannot delete anything.

Well, I was able to get around it by creating a new CLSID for my app and creating a new directory/mif, so no need to worry about it anymore.

Well, I was able to get around it by creating a new CLSID for my app and creating a new directory/mif, so no need to worry about it anymore.

Hi.
When we saw a similar issue on this device we found that connecting to the phone with apploader while it is charging allows you to remove the files. To do this turn the phone off then connect it to your PC using a data cable that will charge the device (or allow you to connect a charger to the data cable). The handset will boot up to the charging screen on its own. Now detect the phone in apploader and delete the files (it should work now).
I believe there may be another alternative using the BREW debug sequences that can be found here (you'll have to have a developer login to view it). I think i read something about a sequence to clear the resource cache that should allow you to delete those pesky files.
Good Luck!

Hi.
When we saw a similar issue on this device we found that connecting to the phone with apploader while it is charging allows you to remove the files. To do this turn the phone off then connect it to your PC using a data cable that will charge the device (or allow you to connect a charger to the data cable). The handset will boot up to the charging screen on its own. Now detect the phone in apploader and delete the files (it should work now).
I believe there may be another alternative using the BREW debug sequences that can be found here (you'll have to have a developer login to view it). I think i read something about a sequence to clear the resource cache that should allow you to delete those pesky files.
Good Luck!