Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

I am developing a BREW 3.1 app for my client Spirent Communications to help automate their test environment. The main requirement of the app is to be able to start and stop an html viewer inside the app multiple times using commands given over the USB port. To expedite development I am using Windows Hyperterminal to connect to the phone while the app is running to issue text commands and get a responses back. The app is coded to use IPort to read and write data to AEESIO_PORT_USB1 for the phone and AEESIO_PORT_SIO1 for the simulator. Most of the BREW development work with IPort was done in the simulator and works fine. I was able to connect the simulator to a virtual com port that sent everything received to netcat running on the same machine and allowed me to see my app send data out the BREW IPort. Asyncrhonous IPort reads and writes work fine in the simulator. I was even able to have the web page google.com displayed on the phone in the simulator.

The problem I am having is after receiving 11 bytes of data from hyperterminal, the BREW app stops being able to read bytes from the IPort. The BREW app is still running after IPort becomes unreadable and the user interface works and the app can be stopped and started again. When I run the BREW App Logger tool and have the BREW App Logger and Windows Hyperterminal connected to the phone at the same time over USB but on two different logical com ports, the app’s problem with not being able to read data from Hyperterminal goes away and the app works correctly. I’ve tried different com port settings inside of hyperterminal but they all produce the same bad results.

I am not exactly sure of a next step except to see how the app behaves on a different phone from a different manufacturer. The next thing I am going to try is seeing how the app behaves on the Motorola V9m.

Below is my system configuration:

LG VX9400 phone
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
RVCT for BREW 1.2 build 838
BREW SDK 3.1.16
BREW SDK 3.1.4 FP02
BREW SDK 3.1.4 FP03
BREW SDK Tools 1.1.1 SP02
BREW Tools Suite 3.1.1.15 SP02
Grinder to SDK Install
BTIL Development kit 1.0.2 SP01
LG USB Driver 4.6
Hyperterminal settings: 115200 bps, 8 data bis, No Parity, 1 Stop bits, flow control none

Is anyone having problems with the LG vx9400 and IPort over USB?

Hi,
We're seeing similar behavior with an LG Chocolate (VX8500 series), running IPort/USB and to do communication over the virtual serial port.
Running the application while the BREW Logger connected and logging works well, usually without any problems. Running the application without the BREW Logger connected results in a few hundred bytes being transferred between the PC and BREW applications, and then the connection freezes. :(
Anyone have a solution for this or ideas how to find one?
Thanks!
Chuck

Hi,
We're seeing similar behavior with an LG Chocolate (VX8500 series), running IPort/USB and to do communication over the virtual serial port.
Running the application while the BREW Logger connected and logging works well, usually without any problems. Running the application without the BREW Logger connected results in a few hundred bytes being transferred between the PC and BREW applications, and then the connection freezes. :(
Anyone have a solution for this or ideas how to find one?
Thanks!
Chuck