Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

I have a wallpaper app that correctly saves wallpapers to the VX7000 and VX8000, but I cannot get my wallpapers to show up through the VX8100 OEM menus. I tried both .png and .bmp wallpapers and made sure they are being placed in the shared/ directory. Has anyone else had this problem or have a solution?

Hi.
You can use AEE_LOCKED_MYPIX_DIR to find a wallpaper directory at VX8100.
Here is a wallpaper path for VX8100.
/brew/16452/lk/mp/

Hi.
You can use AEE_LOCKED_MYPIX_DIR to find a wallpaper directory at VX8100.
Here is a wallpaper path for VX8100.
/brew/16452/lk/mp/

Hmm... where is that constant defined? Is there a special header file you have to include?
Thanks.
EDIT: nvm... found it in BREW 3.x.
EDIT2: I guess you have to include that "LOCKED_CONTENT_ACCESS" privilege in the MIF file too.

Hmm... where is that constant defined? Is there a special header file you have to include?
Thanks.
EDIT: nvm... found it in BREW 3.x.
EDIT2: I guess you have to include that "LOCKED_CONTENT_ACCESS" privilege in the MIF file too.

Ya I just got this working too. This is part of Verizon's new 'secure' wallpaper brew stuff. Aaaaaanyway, apparently it's standard practice for all new handsets.
1) You must prefix your wallpaper save path with
"fs:/~0x0102e5fc/" (no quotes of course)
Brew on device internally remaps this path to whatever the handset wants to use (which is usually not visible in the apploader)
This replaces the previous "/shared/wallpaper/' or whatever the path used to be.
2) Set 'write access to shared directory' in mif (duh)
3) In the 'Dependencies' tab on the mif editor, add a dependency to '0x0102e82d' in the 'used' part.
4) Save wp's as usual, e.g. in PNG format or whatever floats your boat, and they should finally appear in your phone wallpaper menu.
Note that ringtones etc are unaffected by this change.
That works for me.
FL.

Ya I just got this working too. This is part of Verizon's new 'secure' wallpaper brew stuff. Aaaaaanyway, apparently it's standard practice for all new handsets.
Brew on device internally remaps this path to whatever the handset wants to use (which is usually not visible in the apploader)
This replaces the previous "/shared/wallpaper/' or whatever the path used to be.
3) In the 'Dependencies' tab on the mif editor, add a dependency to '0x0102e82d' in the 'used' part.
4) Save wp's as usual, e.g. in PNG format or whatever floats your boat, and they should finally appear in your phone wallpaper menu.
That works for me.
FL.

HI,
I followed th stepsmentioned below to save wallpaper in LG 9800
"1) You must prefix your wallpaper save path with
3) In the 'Dependencies' tab on the mif editor, add a dependency to '0x0102e82d' in the 'used' part. "
But for some reason, when I view through the app loader the path "brew/16452/lk/mp" gets created inside the folder where I have the mod, sig, bar files!
What's going wrong here? Any insight appreciated.
thanks a bunch,
Jinx

HI,
I followed th stepsmentioned below to save wallpaper in LG 9800
"1) You must prefix your wallpaper save path with
3) In the 'Dependencies' tab on the mif editor, add a dependency to '0x0102e82d' in the 'used' part. "
But for some reason, when I view through the app loader the path "brew/16452/lk/mp" gets created inside the folder where I have the mod, sig, bar files!
What's going wrong here? Any insight appreciated.
thanks a bunch,
Jinx

Are you sure you're accessing the file at the "fs:/~0x0102e5fc/" directory?

Are you sure you're accessing the file at the "fs:/~0x0102e5fc/" directory?

>>EDIT2: I guess you have to include that "LOCKED_CONTENT_ACCESS" privilege >>in the MIF file too.
How does one do this? I don't see this in the MIF editor anywhere.
I'm using the mif editor from the BREW SDK Tools 1.0.1 downloads
Are there any FAQs or HOWTOs regarding wallpaper apps for BREW 3.1? I can't seem to find anything about it...

>>EDIT2: I guess you have to include that "LOCKED_CONTENT_ACCESS" privilege >>in the MIF file too.
How does one do this? I don't see this in the MIF editor anywhere.
I'm using the mif editor from the BREW SDK Tools 1.0.1 downloads
Are there any FAQs or HOWTOs regarding wallpaper apps for BREW 3.1? I can't seem to find anything about it...

For item number 3), how we can add dependency for '0x0102e82d'. There are two button, one is External and the other is group.
Where can I finf '0x0102e82d' class id? or How?
Thanks,
Douglas
FryingLizard wrote:Ya I just got this working too. This is part of Verizon's new 'secure' wallpaper brew stuff. Aaaaaanyway, apparently it's standard practice for all new handsets.
That works for me.
FL.

For item number 3), how we can add dependency for '0x0102e82d'. There are two button, one is External and the other is group.
Where can I finf '0x0102e82d' class id? or How?
Thanks,
Douglas
FryingLizard wrote:Ya I just got this working too. This is part of Verizon's new 'secure' wallpaper brew stuff. Aaaaaanyway, apparently it's standard practice for all new handsets.
That works for me.
FL.

The LOCKED_CONTENT_ACCESS.BID is found in the "inc" directory of BREW SDK 3.1.x. It looks like the following:#ifndef LOCKEDCONTENTACCESS_BID
#define LOCKEDCONTENTACCESS_BID
#define AEECLSID_LOCKED_CONTENT_ACCESS 0x0102e82d
#endif //LOCKEDCONTENTACCESS_BID To add that class ID as a dependancy, go to the "Dependencies" tab in the MIF editor, change the external class directory, then add that BID file.
HTH

The LOCKED_CONTENT_ACCESS.BID is found in the "inc" directory of BREW SDK 3.1.x. It looks like the following:#ifndef LOCKEDCONTENTACCESS_BID
#define LOCKEDCONTENTACCESS_BID
#define AEECLSID_LOCKED_CONTENT_ACCESS 0x0102e82d
#endif //LOCKEDCONTENTACCESS_BID To add that class ID as a dependancy, go to the "Dependencies" tab in the MIF editor, change the external class directory, then add that BID file.
HTH

HI,
Is there a specific address for accessing the Picture dir like "fs:/~0x0102e5fc/",
which is there for Wallpaper dir.
Thanks & Regards,
Shridhar

HI,
Is there a specific address for accessing the Picture dir like "fs:/~0x0102e5fc/",
which is there for Wallpaper dir.
Thanks & Regards,
Shridhar