Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

So, it would appear the LG "The V" VX9800 has no UI Widgets preloaded. So, I installed the latest 1.3.2 on it. All of my list widgets are squished to a tiny width so all the text gets truncated. This is particularly odd since the VX9800 has such a ginormous screen. Has anyone else seen this? And more importantly, anyone figured out a fix? I tried a bit of farkling with width hints to the widget and stuff, but no luck yet.

-Al

Well, I know this is an old thread but any progress on this? I am seeing a similar issue on the vx9400. Just a WAG but I see some places in the source where widths are cast to (uint8) which obviously isn't going to work too well on a 320 pixel wide screen. Eyeballing it, it looks like the width may be 320 - 256 = 64.
As a workaround I tried every way I could think of to set the width of the list widget to something less than 256 but none of them seem to have any effect. I even tried what was suggested in this thread to set the height:
http://brewforums.qualcomm.com/archive/index.php/t-11446.html
replacing ITEMHEIGHT with ITEMWIDTH obviously... I see the handler getting called and making the SetProperty call but still no joy.
thanks,
todd.

Well, I know this is an old thread but any progress on this? I am seeing a similar issue on the vx9400. Just a WAG but I see some places in the source where widths are cast to (uint8) which obviously isn't going to work too well on a 320 pixel wide screen. Eyeballing it, it looks like the width may be 320 - 256 = 64.
As a workaround I tried every way I could think of to set the width of the list widget to something less than 256 but none of them seem to have any effect. I even tried what was suggested in this thread to set the height:
http://brewforums.qualcomm.com/archive/index.php/t-11446.html
replacing ITEMHEIGHT with ITEMWIDTH obviously... I see the handler getting called and making the SetProperty call but still no joy.
thanks,
todd.

I should probably mention I am using a scroll list form. Everything else about the form looks fine, title is centered, soft keys in the right place, and even the scrollbar is on the right side of the screen, it's just the list itself which is not as wide as it should be.
Also, in another place I am using a form with a static widget and the text there does cover the entire width of the screen.

I should probably mention I am using a scroll list form. Everything else about the form looks fine, title is centered, soft keys in the right place, and even the scrollbar is on the right side of the screen, it's just the list itself which is not as wide as it should be.
Also, in another place I am using a form with a static widget and the text there does cover the entire width of the screen.

I'm not sure if the uin8 is the problem or not, but the uint8 issue was fixed in version 1.3.5.

I'm not sure if the uin8 is the problem or not, but the uint8 issue was fixed in version 1.3.5.