Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

warning: this might be a bone-head question, but I just can't figure it out.

I cannot get sound out of my vx6000 handset. I'm not even talking about potential problems with isoundplayer or brew mistakes that I might be making... the handset's just not making any noise... key beeps, ring tones, etc. I've tramped all over the setup menus and have rifled through the little user manual and can't figure out how to make this little beauty chirp. Is there something obvious (or unobvious) that I'm overlooking? Is it possible that my phone's just broken?

Thanks (and if i'm just an idiot I hope this provided someone a good laugh )

The simpliest sound playing ive done on the vx6000 is using IRINGERMGR_Playfile() to play a sample midi file that i load into the app directory.
Also, if you have the ringer set to "vibrate" or "off" (using the buttons on the left side of the handset), i dont think sounds will play in brew.
-Tyndal

The simpliest sound playing ive done on the vx6000 is using IRINGERMGR_Playfile() to play a sample midi file that i load into the app directory.
Also, if you have the ringer set to "vibrate" or "off" (using the buttons on the left side of the handset), i dont think sounds will play in brew.
-Tyndal

Well, I was a bone-head after all. For some reason, we received the phone in "manner mode" which disables all sound on the phone. This mode is activated by holding the *-shift key for 3 seconds and pressing it again to return to normal mode. Doh!

Well, I was a bone-head after all. For some reason, we received the phone in "manner mode" which disables all sound on the phone. This mode is activated by holding the *-shift key for 3 seconds and pressing it again to return to normal mode. Doh!

Hello,
Does anyone know if it is possible to detect "manner mode" for an LG-VX6000??
I have an application that can't play audio when manner mode is enabled.
I would like to write code that detects if manner mode is enabled and then prompt the user to change the mode
OR
access an API that will let the application change the mode of the VX-6000 during the application and then switch the mode back to manner mode once the application ends.
Has anyone looked into something like this?

Hello,
Does anyone know if it is possible to detect "manner mode" for an LG-VX6000??
I have an application that can't play audio when manner mode is enabled.
I would like to write code that detects if manner mode is enabled and then prompt the user to change the mode
OR
access an API that will let the application change the mode of the VX-6000 during the application and then switch the mode back to manner mode once the application ends.
Has anyone looked into something like this?

its unlikely that its available, but even if it is , its really bad form for an application to change something like sound levels, you are better off making sure the user knows about it and add a help screen on how to checck and turn it on or off, maybe on first run it shows a tip or such.
examine what the sounds callback sends when you play a sound, in manner mode it might do it without volume, or it might ignore the request and not generate the signals to the callback

its unlikely that its available, but even if it is , its really bad form for an application to change something like sound levels, you are better off making sure the user knows about it and add a help screen on how to checck and turn it on or off, maybe on first run it shows a tip or such.
examine what the sounds callback sends when you play a sound, in manner mode it might do it without volume, or it might ignore the request and not generate the signals to the callback