Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

I have a question about the Nokia 3589i mif file.
It will fail NSTL testing unless it is under 1.5k, it will not disable/restore properly, this is noted in the known issues. It also states in the pdf spec sheet that the max image size is 16x16. Here are my questions:

1. Can the images be rle encoded bmps?
2. The brew spec says thumbnails=16x16, icon=26x26, image<65x42. Are we really supposed to make all images 16x16?
3. Even with 16x16 rle encoded images I am still having a tough time getting my mif under 1.5k any advice?

thanks.

Hey,
All you have to do is remove all of the images from the MIF. The Nokia does not use them at all.
Shital

Hey,
All you have to do is remove all of the images from the MIF. The Nokia does not use them at all.
Shital

Did you have any problem passing NSTL as one of the requirements is that the mif file contains images?

Did you have any problem passing NSTL as one of the requirements is that the mif file contains images?

Well, I used to be the project Manager for TRUE BREW at NSTL. While I was there, we learned about the issue with the size of the MIF file during the restore test. The 3589 doesn't use any of the images in the MIF, so there was no need to require it for that handset. I also believe they state that on their submission site FAQ section.
I hope that helps.

Well, I used to be the project Manager for TRUE BREW at NSTL. While I was there, we learned about the issue with the size of the MIF file during the restore test. The 3589 doesn't use any of the images in the MIF, so there was no need to require it for that handset. I also believe they state that on their submission site FAQ section.
I hope that helps.

The NSTL Submission FAQ states:
Is there any limitation to file size on Nokia handsets?
There is a limitation to the max mif file size on some of the Nokia BREW phones (platform ID's 17000, 17001, 17005, and 17007). The max mif file limitation is 4 kilobytes, not 1.5 kilobytes as the Qualcomm Data Sheet suggests. If an application has a mif file greater than 4K, the disable / restore functionality does not work properly.

The NSTL Submission FAQ states:
Is there any limitation to file size on Nokia handsets?
There is a limitation to the max mif file size on some of the Nokia BREW phones (platform ID's 17000, 17001, 17005, and 17007). The max mif file limitation is 4 kilobytes, not 1.5 kilobytes as the Qualcomm Data Sheet suggests. If an application has a mif file greater than 4K, the disable / restore functionality does not work properly.