Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

We're noticing an issue with the Nokia 3589i where the app (and the phone in general) will free for a few moments, and eventually reboot, when making a network connection using IWeb. The identical app on numerous other phone have no such problem.

Since it _seems_ to be within the BREW IWeb API, it seems like it might be an OEM issue. Has anyone else noticed this, or found a workaround? :)

Thanks,

-bill!

are you using the #define that switches the endian for ntohs etc, that may or may not cause a problem
i forget exactly what it is off the top of my head, but its in the brew headers.

are you using the #define that switches the endian for ntohs etc, that may or may not cause a problem
i forget exactly what it is off the top of my head, but its in the brew headers.

I'm not using any ntoh[sl] or hton[sl] stuff in the code whatsoever.
I'm just calling the IWeb functions to make an HTTP request and read the results. :)
It's quite intermittent (perhaps something going on with signal strength that causes it to then timeout and crash), and works fine about 75% of the time.
Thx tho

I'm not using any ntoh[sl] or hton[sl] stuff in the code whatsoever.
I'm just calling the IWeb functions to make an HTTP request and read the results. :)
It's quite intermittent (perhaps something going on with signal strength that causes it to then timeout and crash), and works fine about 75% of the time.
Thx tho

ah well, its probaby just like the 7210 series 40 which randomly dies too ;)

ah well, its probaby just like the 7210 series 40 which randomly dies too ;)

charliex wrote:ah well, its probaby just like the 7210 series 40 which randomly dies too ;)
Can you tell me about this? I'm still seeing random freezes on the Nokia 3589i when sending IWeb requests out (before they even hit our webserver).
Thx!
-bill!

charliex wrote:ah well, its probaby just like the 7210 series 40 which randomly dies too ;)
Can you tell me about this? I'm still seeing random freezes on the Nokia 3589i when sending IWeb requests out (before they even hit our webserver).
Thx!
-bill!

its more that likely unreated since its a j2me phone, but i found if you use seperate threads on the s40 after about 5 requests, it just fails, the cure for me was just to keep it all in one.

its more that likely unreated since its a j2me phone, but i found if you use seperate threads on the s40 after about 5 requests, it just fails, the cure for me was just to keep it all in one.

billkendrick wrote:I'm not using any ntoh[sl] or hton[sl] stuff in the code whatsoever.
Thx tho
Can u explain much more about the following.......
1) ntoh[sl] or hton[sl]
2)works fine about 75% of the time.
Because it is working fine in my end. There is no problem.

billkendrick wrote:I'm not using any ntoh[sl] or hton[sl] stuff in the code whatsoever.
Thx tho
Can u explain much more about the following.......
1) ntoh[sl] or hton[sl]
2)works fine about 75% of the time.
Because it is working fine in my end. There is no problem.

Balaganesh wrote:1) ntoh[sl] or hton[sl]
Neither is being used explicitly. We're constructing the URL and placing it in "pApp->url_str", then doing:
CALLBACK_Init(&pApp->m_Callback, WebCallBack, pApp);
IWEB_GetResponse(pApp->pIWeb, (pApp->pIWeb, &(pApp->pIWebResp), &pApp->m_Callback, pApp->url_str, WEBOPT_HANDLERDATA, pApp, WEBOPT_IDLECONNTIMEOUT, 10, WEBOPT_FLAGS,WEBREQUEST_NOKEEPALIVE, WEBOPT_END));
Balaganesh wrote:2)works fine about 75% of the time.
I'm not sure how else to explain that. :^)
Balaganesh wrote:Because it is working fine in my end. There is no problem.
Well, that's good to know. It means there's probably something on our end, which we can fix. (Vs. something inside the phone, which we cannot.)
Thanks,
-bill!

Balaganesh wrote:1) ntoh[sl] or hton[sl]
Neither is being used explicitly. We're constructing the URL and placing it in "pApp->url_str", then doing:
CALLBACK_Init(&pApp->m_Callback, WebCallBack, pApp);
IWEB_GetResponse(pApp->pIWeb, (pApp->pIWeb, &(pApp->pIWebResp), &pApp->m_Callback, pApp->url_str, WEBOPT_HANDLERDATA, pApp, WEBOPT_IDLECONNTIMEOUT, 10, WEBOPT_FLAGS,WEBREQUEST_NOKEEPALIVE, WEBOPT_END));
Balaganesh wrote:2)works fine about 75% of the time.
I'm not sure how else to explain that. :^)
Balaganesh wrote:Because it is working fine in my end. There is no problem.
Well, that's good to know. It means there's probably something on our end, which we can fix. (Vs. something inside the phone, which we cannot.)
Thanks,
-bill!

hi
I am also using the same code except one or two things. But i dont think that exceptional things made problem.
The difference between you and me is in the argument of IWEB_GetResponse().
Your statement
My Statement:
IWEB_GetResponse(pIWeb, (pIWeb, &pIWebResp, &m_Callback,url_str, WEBOPT_HANDLERDATA, this, WEBREQUEST_NOKEEPALIVE, WEBOPT_END));
Try with this statement. Hope this will work.
good luck.

hi
I am also using the same code except one or two things. But i dont think that exceptional things made problem.
The difference between you and me is in the argument of IWEB_GetResponse().
Your statement
My Statement:
IWEB_GetResponse(pIWeb, (pIWeb, &pIWebResp, &m_Callback,url_str, WEBOPT_HANDLERDATA, this, WEBREQUEST_NOKEEPALIVE, WEBOPT_END));
Try with this statement. Hope this will work.
good luck.

I've experienced the same problem with the 3589i. Were you ever able to resolve or work around this issue?
Jason

I've experienced the same problem with the 3589i. Were you ever able to resolve or work around this issue?
Jason

jcody wrote:I've experienced the same problem with the 3589i. Were you ever able to resolve or work around this issue?
Jason
Sadly, I have not had time to look into it lately. It seems like an OEM issue that we might not be able to work around.

jcody wrote:I've experienced the same problem with the 3589i. Were you ever able to resolve or work around this issue?
Jason
Sadly, I have not had time to look into it lately. It seems like an OEM issue that we might not be able to work around.