Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

Hi,

Can you control sound volume using Brew in Nokia 6255i? My application plays sound in midi/qcp very loud. I tried using ISOUNDPLAYER_SetVolume and IMEDIA_SetVolume, but it didn't work in Nokia 6255i. It works on other devices such as Motorola and Samsung. Is thia a brew issue or a device issue? I just want to find out if there is anything that I can do in application level.

Thank you.

Anybody have any idea or experience on this issue?

Anybody have any idea or experience on this issue?

Does the DDS for the phone has any known Sound issues mentioned ?
Many handsets behave differently when it comes to play sound via headset or speakerphone.
I found out that Motorola V710 has some issues which were not mentioned in the DDS. It is going to be in the Known Issue list soon.

Does the DDS for the phone has any known Sound issues mentioned ?
Many handsets behave differently when it comes to play sound via headset or speakerphone.
I found out that Motorola V710 has some issues which were not mentioned in the DDS. It is going to be in the Known Issue list soon.

Hi~
Use AVK_VOLUME_UP & AVK_VOLUME_DOWN.
My case, it work fine. :D
From Nokia extranet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
How can I adjust BREW application sound volume on Nokia 6255 and later models?
The platform notifies the BREW application of the keypress using the AVK_VOLUME_UP and AVK_VOLUME_DOWN events, and the application is supposed to handle the adjustment of the volume if it so desires.
If your application does not take any action as a result of the volume key
presses, the volume level of any sound it produces will remain unchanged at
the volume that was set prior to entering your app, or at the volume your
app specifies if you have used one of the SetVolume API's in BREW.
To mute (play at 0 volume):
ISOUNDPLAYER interface originated in BREW 1.2, BREW 2.0's IMEDIA interface incorporates all the functionalities of ISOUNDPLAYER as well as new features such as IMEDIA_SetMuteCtl. For Nokia's software implementation purposes, we only work on IMEDIA API family and ISOUNDPLAYER APIs is somehow mapped to IMEDIA APIs in the Qualcomm library. If you need to mute sound in your app and if you've tried passing in 0 in ISOUNDPLAYER_SetVolume which didn't work, you should try using IMEDIA_SetMuteCtl to mute sound. Keep in mind that muting works on QCELP not MIDI and MP3.
To adjust volume:
ISOUNDPLAYER_SetVolume should work fine on 6255 (with volume increments of 10), but your alternative is using IMEDIA_SetVolume.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi~
Use AVK_VOLUME_UP & AVK_VOLUME_DOWN.
My case, it work fine. :D
From Nokia extranet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
How can I adjust BREW application sound volume on Nokia 6255 and later models?
The platform notifies the BREW application of the keypress using the AVK_VOLUME_UP and AVK_VOLUME_DOWN events, and the application is supposed to handle the adjustment of the volume if it so desires.
If your application does not take any action as a result of the volume key
presses, the volume level of any sound it produces will remain unchanged at
the volume that was set prior to entering your app, or at the volume your
app specifies if you have used one of the SetVolume API's in BREW.
To mute (play at 0 volume):
ISOUNDPLAYER interface originated in BREW 1.2, BREW 2.0's IMEDIA interface incorporates all the functionalities of ISOUNDPLAYER as well as new features such as IMEDIA_SetMuteCtl. For Nokia's software implementation purposes, we only work on IMEDIA API family and ISOUNDPLAYER APIs is somehow mapped to IMEDIA APIs in the Qualcomm library. If you need to mute sound in your app and if you've tried passing in 0 in ISOUNDPLAYER_SetVolume which didn't work, you should try using IMEDIA_SetMuteCtl to mute sound. Keep in mind that muting works on QCELP not MIDI and MP3.
To adjust volume:
ISOUNDPLAYER_SetVolume should work fine on 6255 (with volume increments of 10), but your alternative is using IMEDIA_SetVolume.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------