Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Hello!

I have a Samsung SCH-S379 from Reliance. It supports BREW 3.1.5.

I have been unable to get it to work with my PC. I have tried on two separate Windows XP machines with service pack 3 and I have the same problem.

I installed (New PC Studio) NPS and the drivers available here:
http://www.samsungcdma.in/samsung-mpower-muzik.aspx

I plug in the phone and make sure it is set to PC Studio mode. The windows device manager shows 'SAMSUNG HSP Plus Modem Driver'. When I run NPS and tell it to connect to the phone (which it also lists as the Samsung HSP Plus Modem Driver) it gives me the error that it can not identify the device.

When I try connecting with the BREW apploader, it see the serial port, but the connection just hangs and eventually errors/times out.

Mass storage mode works and I can mount the SD card.

Any ideas on whats going on? I also founder newer drivers on the Samsung India site but they had the same problem.

One thing to note is that I do not currently have a UIM card. Do I need to have a UIM card (CDMA SIM card) in the phone for NPS and/or BREW apploader to work? Are the Samsung drivers bad?

Thanks!

Martin.

UIM card isn't required to connect to PC.
If I am correct, your device wasn't getting detected on PC? Proper drivers weren't installed. Please try to get proper drivers from OEM/Operator; ask service center guys.
Go to My computer->Manage->Device Manager and see under ports or modem if device is detected. If not, Brew apploader won't work.

UIM card isn't required to connect to PC.
If I am correct, your device wasn't getting detected on PC? Proper drivers weren't installed. Please try to get proper drivers from OEM/Operator; ask service center guys.
Go to My computer->Manage->Device Manager and see under ports or modem if device is detected. If not, Brew apploader won't work.

adhudase;81621 wrote:UIM card isn't required to connect to PC.
Hello. Thank you for your response.
The phone is detected by the PC. It shows up in two places under Device Manager. Under Modem as "Samsung HSP Plus Modem Driver" and under USB controllers as something like "Samsung CDMA Technology USB...".
Apploader sees the modem com port but it just hangs for a minute than then complains it can not connect.
I have tried this now with the drivers form the CD, the drivers from the samsungcdma.in website, and the newer drivers from the samsung.com/in support website. I can not find drivers anywhere on the Reliance web site.
Who are the right people to talk to specifically about getting BREW apps to load on the phone? Should I post a BREW support ticket?
When I spoke to Samsung India Technical support they were not sure what the problem was. When I told them I did not have a UIM card, they told me I need to have one for the connection to work.
I am not in India so I can not visit a service center. I found phone numbers for reliance service centers in India, but I am not sure which one to call. They will probably tell me to talk to Samsung.
Thanks again!
Martin.

adhudase;81621 wrote:UIM card isn't required to connect to PC.
Hello. Thank you for your response.
The phone is detected by the PC. It shows up in two places under Device Manager. Under Modem as "Samsung HSP Plus Modem Driver" and under USB controllers as something like "Samsung CDMA Technology USB...".
Apploader sees the modem com port but it just hangs for a minute than then complains it can not connect.
I have tried this now with the drivers form the CD, the drivers from the samsungcdma.in website, and the newer drivers from the samsung.com/in support website. I can not find drivers anywhere on the Reliance web site.
Who are the right people to talk to specifically about getting BREW apps to load on the phone? Should I post a BREW support ticket?
When I spoke to Samsung India Technical support they were not sure what the problem was. When I told them I did not have a UIM card, they told me I need to have one for the connection to work.
I am not in India so I can not visit a service center. I found phone numbers for reliance service centers in India, but I am not sure which one to call. They will probably tell me to talk to Samsung.
Thanks again!
Martin.

What is the error Brew apploader was spitting? For some of the commercial phones EFS will be locked and hence couldn't connect to apploader. If error by apploader is related to Brew version or EFS then probably EFS may be locked.
You can raise a Brew ticket or handset re-flashing ticket and send the handset to QC phone center.

What is the error Brew apploader was spitting? For some of the commercial phones EFS will be locked and hence couldn't connect to apploader. If error by apploader is related to Brew version or EFS then probably EFS may be locked.
You can raise a Brew ticket or handset re-flashing ticket and send the handset to QC phone center.

adhudase;81639 wrote:What is the error Brew apploader was spitting? For some of the commercial phones EFS will be locked and hence couldn't connect to apploader. If error by apploader is related to Brew version or EFS then probably EFS may be locked.
Hi!
Brew apploader says 'Retrieving directory and file information from the device's embedded file system' for a long time (30-60 seconds).
Then the Brew apploader says: 'Error - Either could not detect any device with the specifed device id or could not retrieve device version information from the specified device'. This is when using QCOMOEM.dll.
Does this mean that the EFS is locked? Do I have to send it in to be reflashed? There is no other way to load my code on there (somehow over the air maybe?). Will a QC phone center in the US be able to reflash my phone from India?
Thanks!
M.

adhudase;81639 wrote:What is the error Brew apploader was spitting? For some of the commercial phones EFS will be locked and hence couldn't connect to apploader. If error by apploader is related to Brew version or EFS then probably EFS may be locked.
Hi!
Brew apploader says 'Retrieving directory and file information from the device's embedded file system' for a long time (30-60 seconds).
Then the Brew apploader says: 'Error - Either could not detect any device with the specifed device id or could not retrieve device version information from the specified device'. This is when using QCOMOEM.dll.
Does this mean that the EFS is locked? Do I have to send it in to be reflashed? There is no other way to load my code on there (somehow over the air maybe?). Will a QC phone center in the US be able to reflash my phone from India?
Thanks!
M.

Looks like device EFS is locked. Please send the phone to QC phone center and get it re-flashed. Yes, QC San Diego should be able to flash your phone.

Looks like device EFS is locked. Please send the phone to QC phone center and get it re-flashed. Yes, QC San Diego should be able to flash your phone.

adhudase;81687 wrote:Looks like device EFS is locked. Please send the phone to QC phone center and get it re-flashed. Yes, QC San Diego should be able to flash your phone.
There is no way for me to do this?
For the future, how do I ensure that phones I purchase in India come with the EFS unlocked? I'm looking for phones with brew > 3.1.2, a >= 1MP camera, and a 2.5 or 3.5mm headset jack.
M.

adhudase;81687 wrote:Looks like device EFS is locked. Please send the phone to QC phone center and get it re-flashed. Yes, QC San Diego should be able to flash your phone.
There is no way for me to do this?
For the future, how do I ensure that phones I purchase in India come with the EFS unlocked? I'm looking for phones with brew > 3.1.2, a >= 1MP camera, and a 2.5 or 3.5mm headset jack.
M.

Hi Atul,
We have recently bought LG6300 with reliance sim card.
Problem is while connecting the same with qualcomm brew apploader, we face some issues. It seems the issue with EFS locked.
I gone through some forums and xnet link as well and found it can be reflashed by san diego QC centre only.
Any idea whethere this can be done using any India based centre? How much time it takes overall? SEnding device to USA will take huge amount of time.
Also is there any other way to find out test bit enabled and EFS unlocked before buying any other new device?
Looking for anyone's support on this as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Aahna

Hi Atul,
We have recently bought LG6300 with reliance sim card.
Problem is while connecting the same with qualcomm brew apploader, we face some issues. It seems the issue with EFS locked.
I gone through some forums and xnet link as well and found it can be reflashed by san diego QC centre only.
Any idea whethere this can be done using any India based centre? How much time it takes overall? SEnding device to USA will take huge amount of time.
Also is there any other way to find out test bit enabled and EFS unlocked before buying any other new device?
Looking for anyone's support on this as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Aahna

You can send the phone to Hyderabad device center and get it re-flashed. I don't think you can find if phone EFS is locked unless you try connecting to Brew tools.
Here is Dev lab India details:
http://brew.qualcomm.com/brew/en/developer/getting_started/india_lab.html

You can send the phone to Hyderabad device center and get it re-flashed. I don't think you can find if phone EFS is locked unless you try connecting to Brew tools.
Here is Dev lab India details:
http://brew.qualcomm.com/brew/en/developer/getting_started/india_lab.html

Wholesale NFL Size 56and60 Jerseys replica Louis Vuitton handbags,Gucci bags,chanel handbags,coach wallets,fake miumiu purse,prada bags,hermes purse,balenciaga bikinis,fendi scarf

Wholesale NFL Size 56and60 Jerseys replica Louis Vuitton handbags,Gucci bags,chanel handbags,coach wallets,fake miumiu purse,prada bags,hermes purse,balenciaga bikinis,fendi scarf

Well, I mailed it to the San Diego Qualcomm lab and then sent it right back with a note that basically said they can not work with non-US phones :(.

Well, I mailed it to the San Diego Qualcomm lab and then sent it right back with a note that basically said they can not work with non-US phones :(.

Hi,
How do I check about the EFS while connecting the Samsung Corby to the BREW apploader.

Hi,
How do I check about the EFS while connecting the Samsung Corby to the BREW apploader.