Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

Hello,
I am using ITapi_SendSMS api for sending SMS through my application.This api
returns success and I am getting SMS on the mobile.But problem is that I got garbage message on device HuaweiC506.HuaweiC506 is 2x device so I can not use ISMS api.My application working fine on other devices like LG 5235,KX414.Is this device related issue?Is any one having any idea plz let me know.

Thanks in advance

Hi
ITAPI_SendSMS() expects text message to be in device encoding and uses double byte for device encoding UNICODE, otherwise uses single byte.
Check the device encoding of sending device and receiving device.
The garbage values shows that your device HuaweiC506 is supporting single byte while the sending device supports unicode.

Hi
ITAPI_SendSMS() expects text message to be in device encoding and uses double byte for device encoding UNICODE, otherwise uses single byte.
Check the device encoding of sending device and receiving device.
The garbage values shows that your device HuaweiC506 is supporting single byte while the sending device supports unicode.

Hi
Actually we r sending msg from Huawei506 to other device,And other device are getting garbase msg .
And vice versa is not true.
I check data sheet of Huawei506 It supports Unicode and other devices(LG5235,LG6335) supports Isolatin1. But ITAPI_SendSMS supports only char format msg.so can u tell me wht we hv to do exactly. for sending correct msg from huawei506 to other device.
Jatin

Hi
Actually we r sending msg from Huawei506 to other device,And other device are getting garbase msg .
And vice versa is not true.
I check data sheet of Huawei506 It supports Unicode and other devices(LG5235,LG6335) supports Isolatin1. But ITAPI_SendSMS supports only char format msg.so can u tell me wht we hv to do exactly. for sending correct msg from huawei506 to other device.
Jatin

Can any moderator look this matter?
Moto V3C is also "unicode" support device when we send sms (ITAPI_SendSMS)through this device to other isolatin1 encoding supported device is working fine.But when we send SMS by huaweiC506(unicode) to other devices(unicode or isolatin1) are getting garbase message.
Is it device(huawei) known issue or ITAPI_SendSMS is having issue on this device(C506).

Can any moderator look this matter?
Moto V3C is also "unicode" support device when we send sms (ITAPI_SendSMS)through this device to other isolatin1 encoding supported device is working fine.But when we send SMS by huaweiC506(unicode) to other devices(unicode or isolatin1) are getting garbase message.
Is it device(huawei) known issue or ITAPI_SendSMS is having issue on this device(C506).

Huawei C506 only support Unicode, So you need to send the Msg in unicode i.e Double byte.
Convert your MSG to double byte using STRTOWSTR Macro and Call ITAPI send SMS in which you need to type cast this double byte to (char *).
You can send 60 to 70 charcters at max due to the double byte conversion.

Huawei C506 only support Unicode, So you need to send the Msg in unicode i.e Double byte.
Convert your MSG to double byte using STRTOWSTR Macro and Call ITAPI send SMS in which you need to type cast this double byte to (char *).
You can send 60 to 70 charcters at max due to the double byte conversion.