Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

NSTL TC 4.1.4 says: When screen comes into focus, cursor should appear after the last character.

I get the following mail from our testers:
I remember NSTL said us that this test case is not valid anymore and we don’t need to implement artificial fix for this. Can you double check this with them? I’m asking about this, because this test case still appears with the latest revision (80-D4187-1 Rev E) of NSTL test cases.

Can some person from NSTL, please, clarify this issue?
In BREW 1.1 there is no special feature for this, and, possibly, that's why it is possible for BREW 1.1 application to pass TRUE BREW test without passing this test case.
But what about applications that are submitted for BREW 2.0 device? Is this TC still not valid or this application should comply this test case?

Quote:In BREW 1.1 there is no special feature for this, and, possibly, that's why it is possible for BREW 1.1 application to pass TRUE BREW test without passing this test case
See FAQ about text controls https://brewx.qualcomm.com/bws/content/gi/common/appseng/en/developerfaq...
--
while(len) {
ITEXTCTL_HandleEvent(pMe->m_pIText, EVT_KEY, AVK_RIGHT, dwParam);
len--;

--
I am using this technic in my app.
I thing it's logically to have cursor to the last character.

Quote:In BREW 1.1 there is no special feature for this, and, possibly, that's why it is possible for BREW 1.1 application to pass TRUE BREW test without passing this test case
See FAQ about text controls https://brewx.qualcomm.com/bws/content/gi/common/appseng/en/developerfaq...
--
while(len) {
ITEXTCTL_HandleEvent(pMe->m_pIText, EVT_KEY, AVK_RIGHT, dwParam);
len--;

--
I am using this technic in my app.
I thing it's logically to have cursor to the last character.

yeah, this will take about 20 seconds for some strings... about 100 characters...

yeah, this will take about 20 seconds for some strings... about 100 characters...

why are you think so?
have just tested it for large string(100 symbols ) on my t720 and
the response time is instantaneous ( less than a sec )
i think it's OK with such solution if it placed in FAQ

why are you think so?
have just tested it for large string(100 symbols ) on my t720 and
the response time is instantaneous ( less than a sec )
i think it's OK with such solution if it placed in FAQ

I've tried this on LGE VX6000... the time was too big...

I've tried this on LGE VX6000... the time was too big...