Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

hello everyone,

I am having problems with developing our ringtone applicaitions for the Samsung A655. There is a couple of problems that I have come across.

One is with the tones I have found out that there is a know issue that we can't find the total time of a song. This causes the tone to repeat and repeat both in the applicaitons and in the OEM. I have fixed the problem in the applications with a timer. I was wondering if anyone else has run across this problem in the OEM and if there were able to fix it.

The other is that when the tone is downloaded it is saved in a spot that is set aside for downloaded tone. However if I exit out of our applications and go to the OEM to preview and set the tone the name will not appear in the OEM until the phone is reset. I was wonder if anyone has run across this as well and if there is a fix to it.

Thanks Tom

hello everyone,
I am having problems with developing our ringtone applicaitions for the Samsung A655. There is a couple of problems that I have come across.
One is with the tones I have found out that there is a know issue that we can't find the total time of a song. This causes the tone to repeat and repeat both in the applicaitons and in the OEM. I have fixed the problem in the applications with a timer. I was wondering if anyone else has run across this problem in the OEM and if there were able to fix it.
The other is that when the tone is downloaded it is saved in a spot that is set aside for downloaded tone. However if I exit out of our applications and go to the OEM to preview and set the tone the name will not appear in the OEM until the phone is reset. I was wonder if anyone has run across this as well and if there is a fix to it.
Thanks Tom

hello everyone,
Thanks Tom

What are you using to play the ringtone? IRingerMgr, IMedia, or ISoundPlayer?
And is it after you create the ringtone using IRingerMgr_Create() that it doesn't appear in the native UI until the handset is powercycled?

What are you using to play the ringtone? IRingerMgr, IMedia, or ISoundPlayer?
And is it after you create the ringtone using IRingerMgr_Create() that it doesn't appear in the native UI until the handset is powercycled?

Hello there,
For most of the applicaitons we us IRingerMgr to save the tone and it takes care of placing it in the correct directory. However with this phone we are unable to use IRingerMgr because were it saves the tone is incorrect on this phone. Therefor we must specify the path to were we wish the tone to be saved. For this we use IIFILEMGR_OpenFile which opens the file and then FILE_Write which writes the bits to that file.
As far as playing the tone we use ISOUNDPLAYER_Play(pMe->SoundPlayer). For some reason this will play the tone but not stop it. So the tone will loop forever.
I hope this helps, if you need anything else let me know.
Thanks,
Tom

Hello there,
For most of the applicaitons we us IRingerMgr to save the tone and it takes care of placing it in the correct directory. However with this phone we are unable to use IRingerMgr because were it saves the tone is incorrect on this phone. Therefor we must specify the path to were we wish the tone to be saved. For this we use IIFILEMGR_OpenFile which opens the file and then FILE_Write which writes the bits to that file.
As far as playing the tone we use ISOUNDPLAYER_Play(pMe->SoundPlayer). For some reason this will play the tone but not stop it. So the tone will loop forever.
Thanks,
Tom

mctommyt wrote:Hello there,
Thanks,
Tom
My sound plays, but loop forever even though I use IMEDIA_Stop(). I use IMEDIA interface to play both MIDI and QCP sounds. Did you find the cause of the looping?
The looping happens to all my applications on this phone(Samsung A655), but it didn't happen on its derivitaive, Samsung A650.
THank you.

mctommyt wrote:Hello there,
Thanks,
Tom
My sound plays, but loop forever even though I use IMEDIA_Stop(). I use IMEDIA interface to play both MIDI and QCP sounds. Did you find the cause of the looping?
The looping happens to all my applications on this phone(Samsung A655), but it didn't happen on its derivitaive, Samsung A650.
THank you.

Hello,
Ya we did figure out what it was. In the tone itself there is an option to loop it infinite amount of times. This causes the Imedia class not to read a end of file therefore not knowing when to stop the tone. We added a timer and stopped the tones ourself.
Tom

Hello,
Ya we did figure out what it was. In the tone itself there is an option to loop it infinite amount of times. This causes the Imedia class not to read a end of file therefore not knowing when to stop the tone. We added a timer and stopped the tones ourself.
Tom