Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

Has anyone experiece problems or know of any issues with the Samsung A690 with a voice call interrupting your applet? The same test case has run with problem on other handsets, but on this particular device I see the following:

1] My applet is running
2] Incoming voice call received
3] Applet suspended, and dialog with incoming number and options to answer or ignore displayed.
4] Answer the call.
5] End call.

and here's the oddity

6] Applet does not resume, instead you are taken back to the phone's main screen.

and now...

7] Relaunch BREW application manager. ###3 memory is low (because the old applet is still taking up space)
8] Launch app again.
9] The phone bricks so hard you have to pull the battery.

Incidentally, if you ignore the incoming call rather than answering it I'm returned to my applet correctly.

Interesting.

This may not be related, but I've run into a very similar problem with a J2ME applet running on the A620 phone.
Exactly the same symptoms where the applet works fine on 10 other handsets but fails to resume after an incoming call on the A620...although since it's Java it doesn't lock up the phone.
Anyway, I'm actively searching for what the J2ME trigger for this problem is and I'd be interested in any insights that shows up on the Brew side here.

This may not be related, but I've run into a very similar problem with a J2ME applet running on the A620 phone.
Exactly the same symptoms where the applet works fine on 10 other handsets but fails to resume after an incoming call on the A620...although since it's Java it doesn't lock up the phone.
Anyway, I'm actively searching for what the J2ME trigger for this problem is and I'd be interested in any insights that shows up on the Brew side here.

So I discovered the solution on the J2ME platform. The key is not to take any actions in response to the pause event.
Simply returning control to the phone allowed the app to resume after an incoming call.
No idea if this will help with Brew, but it's something to try...

So I discovered the solution on the J2ME platform. The key is not to take any actions in response to the pause event.
Simply returning control to the phone allowed the app to resume after an incoming call.
No idea if this will help with Brew, but it's something to try...