True Brew Testing Process Changes Begin February 15, 2012
Thu, 01/19/2012 - 16:27
Simplified Test Plan and Reduced Fees for True Brew® Testing with Intertek
Changes begin February 15, 2012
Qualcomm is pleased to inform you of a new, simplified test plan and reduced fees for True Brew® Testing with Intertek. The new test plan has a 50% reduction in the number of test cases and an updated focus on those relevant to today’s Brew applications.The following changes to the True Brew Testing process will take effect, beginning February 15, 2012 and will apply to all Brew application submissions including new, upgraded, resubmitted and added platform.
- The new, simplified True Brew Test Plan goes into effect on February 15, and as of that date all Brew application submissions to Intertek should follow the new test plan. Please note that as of February 15, submissions that include the self test XML file must use the self test XML file from the new test plan.
- Fees for submissions to Intertek without the self test XML file will be $120 per device (reduced from the current fee of $560).
- Cancellation fees will be $10 (reduced from the current fee of $48). Cancellation fees are charged by Intertek if a build fails entrance criteria for testing.
- Resubmissions will now be charged at the regular fees ($75 for resubmissions with the self test XML file and $120 for resubmissions without the self test XML file).
- Please note that fees for submitting Brew applications with the self test XML file will remain unchanged ($75).
If you have any questions about the upcoming changes to the True Brew Testing process with Intertek, please post comments below.
Download the new True Brew Testing plan (log-in required) >>
- Submitting your Brew applications to Intertek with the self test XML file (log-in required) >>
- Submitting your Brew applications to Intertek without the self test XML file (log-in required) >>
- Download the True Brew Test Item Specification Document (log-in required) >>