Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Hello Guys,

Following are the details of my device:

Samsung Reality SCH u820 from Verizon Wireless
BREW MP Version 1.0.1
S/W V. u820.DB27

How do I go about enabling the developer mode? I had installed the manufacturer device driver; but later tried the Qualcomm ones supplied in the SDK; it could not connect with this driver at all.

The ###BREWDEBUG### also did not work. I guess this is only for BREW MP 1.0.2

What are my options for the 1.0.1?

Regards
Harish

Developer mode is only supported in 1.02 or greater.
If the device does not provide a way to switch it on/off then you can use
the c_systemtaskapp that ships with the SDK to do this. But first
you will have to load the app on there.

Developer mode is only supported in 1.02 or greater.
If the device does not provide a way to switch it on/off then you can use
the c_systemtaskapp that ships with the SDK to do this. But first
you will have to load the app on there.

so you mean with BREW MP 1.0.0.604 (not 1.0.2) device (HTC Smart), I can use the c_systemtaskapp that ships with the SDK to switch the device to Developer mode?
If so, could you please provide the steps of how to do it?
also, could you please provide more details (steps) on how to first load the app on there (on where?)? thanks so much!!
Jean

so you mean with BREW MP 1.0.0.604 (not 1.0.2) device (HTC Smart), I can use the c_systemtaskapp that ships with the SDK to switch the device to Developer mode?
also, could you please provide more details (steps) on how to first load the app on there (on where?)? thanks so much!!
Jean

owenryanmom wrote:so you mean with BREW MP 1.0.0.604 (not 1.0.2) device (HTC Smart), I can use the c_systemtaskapp that ships with the SDK to switch the device to Developer mode?
Jean
No. 1.02 or greater is required for developer mode to work properly.

owenryanmom wrote:so you mean with BREW MP 1.0.0.604 (not 1.0.2) device (HTC Smart), I can use the c_systemtaskapp that ships with the SDK to switch the device to Developer mode?
Jean
No. 1.02 or greater is required for developer mode to work properly.

Do you know whether there's any BREW MP 1.0.2 device (or firmware upgrade) available now? Looks like some other developers have access to it, but I couldn't find it anywhere... thanks for your help!!
Jean

Do you know whether there's any BREW MP 1.0.2 device (or firmware upgrade) available now? Looks like some other developers have access to it, but I couldn't find it anywhere... thanks for your help!!
Jean

Anybody had success getting a 1.0.2 device or firmware upgrade? I'm chasing every contact I have in Qualcomm and 2 carriers to find something -- no luck. I believe I have had verification from a developer in a larger firm that they have a 1.0.2 device, but we still can't find a way to get one!

Anybody had success getting a 1.0.2 device or firmware upgrade? I'm chasing every contact I have in Qualcomm and 2 carriers to find something -- no luck. I believe I have had verification from a developer in a larger firm that they have a 1.0.2 device, but we still can't find a way to get one!