Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

Hi, I am not able to view Contact Picture if set as raw data using pim_IRecordStore. Below is the code snippet that I am doing. 

//Creating vCard Interface 

nResult = ISHELL_CreateInstance(BrewApplicationWrapper::GetShell(), AEECLSID_vCard, (void**)&pIvCard); 

//Creating vProperty Interface for photo property 

nResult += ISHELL_CreateInstance(BrewApplicationWrapper::GetShell(), AEECLSID_vProperty,(void**) &pIvPhotoProperty); 

//Setting the property value with BASE64 encoded image data 

//base64text is BASE64 encoded data 

IvProperty_InitProperty(pIvPhotoProperty, AEEVPROPERTY_PHOTO, "PHOTO", FALSE, (void*)base64text, base64tlength, NULL); 

//Creating vParm for adding vProperty parameters 

//Encoding Parm 

nResult = ISHELL_CreateInstance(BrewApplicationWrapper::GetShell(), AEECLSID_vParm,(void**)&pIvEncodingParam ); 

//Type Parm 

nResult += ISHELL_CreateInstance(BrewApplicationWrapper::GetShell(), AEECLSID_vParm, (void**)&pIvTypeParam); 

//Adding parms to property 

nResult = IvProperty_AddParm(pIvPhotoProperty, pIvEncodingParam); 

nResult += IvProperty_AddParm(pIvPhotoProperty, pIvTypeParam); 

//Finally adding the photo property to vCard 

nResult = IvCard_AddProperty(pIvCard, pIvPhotoProperty); 

The result of above is SUCCESS. 

After this using IvObjectParser_GetBufferFromIvObject i am getting the vCard Buffer and adding a new record using the vCard buffer as below 

//Add record to Native Address Book 

nResult = pim_IRecordStore_AddRecord(pIRecordStore, (const unsigned char*)pVCardBuf, STRLEN(pVCardBuf) + 1, &ID); 
This also returns success I am able to see the record in Native Address book but the Contact Picture is not visible. However if I try to set the image by giving an URL I am able to see the Contact Picture. But my requirement is to have the image as a part of vCard buffer as raw data. Please correct me if I am doing something wrong. Is this OEM issue or wrong usage of API? Do let me know how to proceed. 

Hi Anand, CDM8999 does not support vCard embedded image for picture id. The contact application only refers to the file with the file path. Please use URL instead hich refers to the file. Thanks, Mahesh

Hi Anand, CDM8999 does not support vCard embedded image for picture id. The contact application only refers to the file with the file path. Please use URL instead hich refers to the file. Thanks, Mahesh