Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

Motorola v265 - Ignoring an incoming call or SMS causes a BREW application's sound to be stopped until the handset is power cycled, this a know issue with this device but its not specified in the device issue page. My NSTL certification has been failed because of this. Can any of the BREW support guys help. Please update the device issue sheet also so that its not repeated for others.

Thanks In Advance

Can i get any reply or all the support people are not convinced with the statement that i made. Its costing me Time as well as money because of a stupid Handset issue. What i am i suppose to do, any embedded programming to rectify the device issue. I am waiting plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz make it fast.

Can i get any reply or all the support people are not convinced with the statement that i made. Its costing me Time as well as money because of a stupid Handset issue. What i am i suppose to do, any embedded programming to rectify the device issue. I am waiting plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz make it fast.

We have not seen this issue with the handset. Have you checked the volume levels? Have you checked error codes?

We have not seen this issue with the handset. Have you checked the volume levels? Have you checked error codes?

As u said it happens with Volume control also.
And its a know issue thats mentioned.
"Volume keys stop sound play"

As u said it happens with Volume control also.
And its a know issue thats mentioned.
"Volume keys stop sound play"

Please read my previous post. You need to check error codes and volume levels from within the application.

Please read my previous post. You need to check error codes and volume levels from within the application.

Whenever u ignore an incomming SMS or Voice Call the SUSPEND event is not at all invoked, also the RESUME event is not called. I have written the code which stop the music in the SUSPEND event & it restarts in RESUME. but these codes are useless. But the music is getting stopped, that means the device is stopping the music automatically and i am not stopping it, in that case it should resume also, since i don have the control over it.
I will also chk the error codes as u said.

Whenever u ignore an incomming SMS or Voice Call the SUSPEND event is not at all invoked, also the RESUME event is not called. I have written the code which stop the music in the SUSPEND event & it restarts in RESUME. but these codes are useless. But the music is getting stopped, that means the device is stopping the music automatically and i am not stopping it, in that case it should resume also, since i don have the control over it.

Hi Jonathan,
This is my exact study about the Motorola V265 device.
I did it very patiently using Logger.
What exactly is happening is....
Whenever an incomming SMS or a Voice call comes to play the ring tone
the device actually stops the sound which is played in the Game by calling the
CallBack of the SoundPlayer interface, i checked the AEESoundPlayerStatus and
it was AEE_SOUNDPLAYER_ABORTED
Because of this reason the sound in the game is stopped and its overridden by
the device ringtone.
After getting this what i did is i set some flag which i verified in my timer and i restarted the Sound, to my surprise the game sound now was overridding the
ringtone, so instead of hearing the ringtone now i was able to hear the game
music.
After the call or SMS is rejected this device does not call the RESUME event also
so i don get the status when the user has actually rejected it, so it becomes
very difficult when the music has to resume.
Is there anything else that i can try.
This is actually failing my NSTL testing it says "Game music is not resumed
when the user rejects an incoming call or an SMS"
Now how should i fix this.
Thanks in advance

Hi Jonathan,
This is my exact study about the Motorola V265 device.
I did it very patiently using Logger.
What exactly is happening is....
Whenever an incomming SMS or a Voice call comes to play the ring tone
the device actually stops the sound which is played in the Game by calling the
CallBack of the SoundPlayer interface, i checked the AEESoundPlayerStatus and
it was AEE_SOUNDPLAYER_ABORTED
Because of this reason the sound in the game is stopped and its overridden by
the device ringtone.
After getting this what i did is i set some flag which i verified in my timer and i restarted the Sound, to my surprise the game sound now was overridding the
ringtone, so instead of hearing the ringtone now i was able to hear the game
music.
After the call or SMS is rejected this device does not call the RESUME event also
so i don get the status when the user has actually rejected it, so it becomes
very difficult when the music has to resume.
Is there anything else that i can try.
This is actually failing my NSTL testing it says "Game music is not resumed
when the user rejects an incoming call or an SMS"
Now how should i fix this.
Thanks in advance

The more interesting about it is there is no Test Case to test whether the sound
is resumed when the incoming call or sms is rejected.
Its there only for when the call or sms is accepted.
This is making me more hot.......
I am really wasting my f..... time on this f..... device issue.
Just tell me jonathan do we have less work so that we have to work
on the f.... device issue.
I am wasting my time and money both by scratching my head on bugs
reported by NSTL
Sorry for my bad language, but u have to understand my senario
here.....
Also i have posted one more thread for which i am still waiting for a
reply can u plz look into that too
http://brewforums.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=7950
Thanks man

The more interesting about it is there is no Test Case to test whether the sound
is resumed when the incoming call or sms is rejected.
Its there only for when the call or sms is accepted.
This is making me more hot.......
I am really wasting my f..... time on this f..... device issue.
Just tell me jonathan do we have less work so that we have to work
on the f.... device issue.
I am wasting my time and money both by scratching my head on bugs
reported by NSTL
Sorry for my bad language, but u have to understand my senario
here.....
Also i have posted one more thread for which i am still waiting for a
reply can u plz look into that too
http://brewforums.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=7950
Thanks man

What you are describing is a known issue for the device. NSTL should not fail an application for this. Your first post said that you could not play sound until the device was power cycled, which is not a known issue.

What you are describing is a known issue for the device. NSTL should not fail an application for this. Your first post said that you could not play sound until the device was power cycled, which is not a known issue.

Hi Jonathan,
Thats what I am saying my TBT is failed beacuse of this.
Ok i will refer this thread to NSTL to waive the bug that was
reported by NSTL.
Thanks Man U are the one

Hi Jonathan,
Thats what I am saying my TBT is failed beacuse of this.
Ok i will refer this thread to NSTL to waive the bug that was
reported by NSTL.
Thanks Man U are the one

Hemalatha N:
I too have gotten some feedback from NSTL about an app on the V265 such that:
A) The game does not suspend if you ignore the incoming voice call, and
B) Sound is "interupted and no longer played" when the game is interupted by a voicecall or SMS and then resumed.
It sounds to me like these are known handset bugs that NSTL should not fail. Did you ever find a workaround or did you successfully argue with NSTL to let the issue go because it is a known handset issue that the developer cannot control?
Can any knowledgeable QCOM person respond to this as well?
Thanks
Marc Ilgen
West of Pluto Software

Hemalatha N:
I too have gotten some feedback from NSTL about an app on the V265 such that:
A) The game does not suspend if you ignore the incoming voice call, and
B) Sound is "interupted and no longer played" when the game is interupted by a voicecall or SMS and then resumed.
It sounds to me like these are known handset bugs that NSTL should not fail. Did you ever find a workaround or did you successfully argue with NSTL to let the issue go because it is a known handset issue that the developer cannot control?
Can any knowledgeable QCOM person respond to this as well?
Thanks
Marc Ilgen
West of Pluto Software

NSTL should not fail an application for this reason. Contact NSTL Support (nstlsupport@nstl.com), and if they don't reverse the failure, send me a PM with the relevant information (app name and version, target handset).

NSTL should not fail an application for this reason. Contact NSTL Support (nstlsupport@nstl.com), and if they don't reverse the failure, send me a PM with the relevant information (app name and version, target handset).

I have a problem with a Motorola V265. When i'm receiving a voice call or an SMS the sounds of my application are stoped. I want to know if is a phone issue or not. Can anybody help me?10x

I have a problem with a Motorola V265. When i'm receiving a voice call or an SMS the sounds of my application are stoped. I want to know if is a phone issue or not. Can anybody help me?10x

Read the beginning of this thread.

Read the beginning of this thread.

max wrote:NSTL should not fail an application for this reason. Contact NSTL Support (nstlsupport@nstl.com), and if they don't reverse the failure, send me a PM with the relevant information (app name and version, target handset).
If I ignore a in comming call ,Sound is "interupted and no longer played" when the game is interupted by a voicecall and then resumed.
and the game will fail at NSTL?

max wrote:NSTL should not fail an application for this reason. Contact NSTL Support (nstlsupport@nstl.com), and if they don't reverse the failure, send me a PM with the relevant information (app name and version, target handset).
If I ignore a in comming call ,Sound is "interupted and no longer played" when the game is interupted by a voicecall and then resumed.
and the game will fail at NSTL?

Guys, I think it fails NSTL because this known issue isn't listed in the 'Known Exceptions' section of the App Spec Document. If you can, list all known exceptions in this doc. This way the testers can see you have addressed the problem as best you can, and will not fail you (because these are known issues).
Here's some known issue docs for the moto's:
https://brewx.qualcomm.com/bws/content/docx/devices/docs/motorola/known_...

Guys, I think it fails NSTL because this known issue isn't listed in the 'Known Exceptions' section of the App Spec Document. If you can, list all known exceptions in this doc. This way the testers can see you have addressed the problem as best you can, and will not fail you (because these are known issues).
Here's some known issue docs for the moto's:

I'm having the same problem with the Motorola v262 (no SUSPEND\RESUME events when rejecting a call) and am wondering why its not a know issue for this phone like it is for the 265? Has anyone gotten a SUSPEND and/or RESUME event when rejecting a call with the Motorola v262?
I also receive this strange line in the logger when testing this case:
App_Close (1040da9) - NO RESUME file:OEMDebug.c line:181 level:3
Do you think it has anything to do with my problem and if so, are you aware of any way to fix it?
Hope someone will have answers to my questions!

I'm having the same problem with the Motorola v262 (no SUSPEND\RESUME events when rejecting a call) and am wondering why its not a know issue for this phone like it is for the 265? Has anyone gotten a SUSPEND and/or RESUME event when rejecting a call with the Motorola v262?
I also receive this strange line in the logger when testing this case:
App_Close (1040da9) - NO RESUME file:OEMDebug.c line:181 level:3
Do you think it has anything to do with my problem and if so, are you aware of any way to fix it?
Hope someone will have answers to my questions!

nhl wrote:Whenever u ignore an incomming SMS or Voice Call the SUSPEND event is not at all invoked, also the RESUME event is not called. I have written the code which stop the music in the SUSPEND event & it restarts in RESUME. but these codes are useless. But the music is getting stopped, that means the device is stopping the music automatically and i am not stopping it, in that case it should resume also, since i don have the control over it.
check the sound state status . if it failed to play, or it return busy , after a number of consecutive failures , you can decide to recreate the sound interface and it will work ;)

nhl wrote:Whenever u ignore an incomming SMS or Voice Call the SUSPEND event is not at all invoked, also the RESUME event is not called. I have written the code which stop the music in the SUSPEND event & it restarts in RESUME. but these codes are useless. But the music is getting stopped, that means the device is stopping the music automatically and i am not stopping it, in that case it should resume also, since i don have the control over it.
check the sound state status . if it failed to play, or it return busy , after a number of consecutive failures , you can decide to recreate the sound interface and it will work ;)