Forums | developer.brewmp.com Forums | developer.brewmp.com

Developer

Forums

Forums:

Hello,
I have seen a couple threads on this topic, but I still can't get this to work.

I bring up the simuator and can see my applicaton in the window...but I can't select or run it.

I saw one thread which mentioned remapping AVK_SELECT.
I don't see how to do that.

Any advice or help will be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you.
-Mike

As per the Release notes 3.1.5 SP02(3.1.5.179) should have touch support for launching the application.
Anyways, for changing the simulator skin, open the device pack (.dpk) with BREW Device Configurator. Click on the AVK_SEND key[the left button of the three available] and change it to AVK_SELECT. Save the device pack.
Now you will be able to launch the application by pressing ENTER key.
HTH :)

As per the Release notes 3.1.5 SP02(3.1.5.179) should have touch support for launching the application.
Anyways, for changing the simulator skin, open the device pack (.dpk) with BREW Device Configurator. Click on the AVK_SEND key[the left button of the three available] and change it to AVK_SELECT. Save the device pack.
Now you will be able to launch the application by pressing ENTER key.
HTH :)

Thanks for your help. That works great.
Do you know with the brew simulator, is it possible to pop up a virtual keyboard
or does that only happen on the real phone?
Thanks,
-Mike

Thanks for your help. That works great.
Do you know with the brew simulator, is it possible to pop up a virtual keyboard
or does that only happen on the real phone?
Thanks,
-Mike

Till now, virtual keypad works only in the real device.

Till now, virtual keypad works only in the real device.

I am trying to run the example apps and my app using the LG 9700. I can't seem to start any apps using the enter key and using the arrow keys doesn't change the currently selected app.
I have the simulator working for the following devices
Samsung U430
Motorola W755
LG 8560 (Chocolate 3)
LG 9600
Is there something wrong with the 9700 device pak that hasn't been published yet?

I am trying to run the example apps and my app using the LG 9700. I can't seem to start any apps using the enter key and using the arrow keys doesn't change the currently selected app.
I have the simulator working for the following devices
Samsung U430
Motorola W755
LG 8560 (Chocolate 3)
LG 9600
Is there something wrong with the 9700 device pak that hasn't been published yet?

Touch screen support for simulator was added in Brew 3.1.5 SP02 but its not working properly. It is working fully on Brew 4.x.
Here is workaround for LG VX9700 (or any other touch phone):
1. Download Brew 4.x SDK from extranet
https://brewx.qualcomm.com/brew/sdk/download.jsp?page=dx/4.0.3
2. Open LG VX9700 DPK with Brew device configurator, go to Device Specification->Auto-start App and change the value of "Auto-start App's ID" to 0x0107003D and save the changes.
3. Start the Brew 4.x simulator and open the updated DPK. See that you can select and launch the app by double click.

Touch screen support for simulator was added in Brew 3.1.5 SP02 but its not working properly. It is working fully on Brew 4.x.
Here is workaround for LG VX9700 (or any other touch phone):
1. Download Brew 4.x SDK from extranet
https://brewx.qualcomm.com/brew/sdk/download.jsp?page=dx/4.0.3
2. Open LG VX9700 DPK with Brew device configurator, go to Device Specification->Auto-start App and change the value of "Auto-start App's ID" to 0x0107003D and save the changes.
3. Start the Brew 4.x simulator and open the updated DPK. See that you can select and launch the app by double click.