- p:Pointer to the ITransition interface object.
- d:Pointer to the TransitionDesc data structure.
- m:Defines the duration of the transition effect, expressed in milliseconds.
- f:Pointer to the callback function that Brew MP will issue when the transition effect has ended.
- c:Pointer to private data that is created and owned by the caller.
void ITRANSITION_Start(ITransition *p, TransitionDesc *d, long m, PFNNOTIFY f, void *c);
Since the duration of the transition effect is expressed in milliseconds, a 2-second fade out transition should pass 2000 in the "m" parameter.
The callback function, f, will be called when the associated transition effect has ended. This can either be when it has run its entire course to completion, or the effect has been terminated by a call to ITRANSITION_Stop(). Applets that do not wish to receive notification following the completion of a transition effect may pass NULL for in the f parameter, and no callback will be registered.
The callback function prototype takes the following form...
typedef void (* PNFNOTIFY)(void * pData);
...where pData is passed to the callback as the same pointer passed into the ITRANSITION_Start() function in the "c" parameter. This is a pointer to data owned and managed entirely by the caller.