To support multiple languages, an application needs to do the following:
- Provide a resource file for each language, which contains the translated strings and graphics for the language
- Determine the current language when the app is started
- Request notification of language change
- Redraw the display when notified of a language change
- Load resources from the appropriate language resource file
- Use the appropriate font for displaying text and allowing user input
This section provides information on each of these items.